How often are the talkgroups updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryangn

The database only gets updated when someone submits new data. If no one submits anything then nothing gets updated. If you know of new channels or talkgroups then submit them by using the "Submit Info" button at the top so the database for your area can be updated.

chaycock

Well the problem is, I know the talkgroup id but have not really been able to tell by listening what exactly the TG is used for. Therefore, I cannot really submit anything to the database without knowing what it is used for, or at least that is what the submission page says. I have a bunch of TG id's, but like I mentioned, I have no idea what they are being used for.

QDP2012

Well the problem is, I know the talkgroup id but have not really been able to tell by listening what exactly the TG is used for. Therefore, I cannot really submit anything to the database without knowing what it is used for, or at least that is what the submission page says. I have a bunch of TG id's, but like I mentioned, I have no idea what they are being used for.

You can post the list of "unknown talkgroups", either here in this thread, or in the Wiki, so that others can put those TGs in their scanners, and help listen and determine their purposes.

If you want help setting up the appropriate page in the Wiki, several of us are willing to help do that. Just let us know what you wish to do.

Hope this helps,

chaycock

I would imagine the Wiki would be the best since it is a central location and people will not have to go fishing through threads. If you will create any pages in the Wiki that are necessary and tell me where to put them and how you want them formatted, I will be glad to post them.

chaycock

I did have a few channels that I was able to confirm and submitted those via the Submission page. After I submitted, I got back a message stating:

"We have 253 submissions waiting to be processed. "

So how far back do those submissions go? That is sort of what I was getting at with my original question, how often is the database updated? If people have already made submissions for the channels I am working on, I don't want to spend time trying to figure out what they are if someone else has already done it. Are you able to shed any light on these pending submissions as to what they are, how far back they go, and when they will be added to the official database?

ecps92

Don't assume your submission is a duplicate.

253 Submissions is what is pending across the ENTIRE Database

Assume, if it's not in the DB, that you are the ONLY person to find it, then sit on it and attempt to properly ID it. Welcome to the world of the submissions :cool:

I did have a few channels that I was able to confirm and submitted those via the Submission page. After I submitted, I got back a message stating:

"We have 253 submissions waiting to be processed. "

So how far back do those submissions go? That is sort of what I was getting at with my original question, how often is the database updated? If people have already made submissions for the channels I am working on, I don't want to spend time trying to figure out what they are if someone else has already done it. Are you able to shed any light on these pending submissions as to what they are, how far back they go, and when they will be added to the official database?

chaycock

Can you tell me what is pending for the "Muscogee Regional Communications System" and who submitted it? If there are other people in my area submitting things, I would like to contact them and see about working together to split the load.

ecps92

That would be be what starting a thread on that topic would be best for, unless there already is one..

Can you tell me what is pending for the "Muscogee Regional Communications System" and who submitted it? If there are other people in my area submitting things, I would like to contact them and see about working together to split the load.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager

You are the only one with a submission pending for that system.

Status
Not open for further replies.