Protests outside mayors mansion/ office in Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Been watching a feed on the u tube and the host is playing scanner traffic. Non stop the police have been saying stuff about illegal transmissions on the police frequencies. Was watching and you can hear people playing bubble sounds and goofy sounds over the police bands whichever the host is monitoring. The police have mdc identifiers and the sounds are coming over as normal radio traffic carrier. Sometimes over talking units with dispatch having them change channels and a dispatcher saying just stay on 1 they keep switching when we do anyway.

bkspear

GSP Gov Mansion Security is still listed as having a frequency in the VHF range, I wonder if people were programming their radios and using that.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Non stop the police have been saying stuff about illegal transmissions on the police frequencies.

Really? My issued APX8000XE has been on for days and I haven't heard a peep on the ATL system that is unauthorized nor have I seen anything out of order on my system and I keep GenWatch up on my desktop religiously.

Was watching and you can hear people playing bubble sounds and goofy sounds over the police bands whichever the host is monitoring.

On what system?

The police have mdc identifiers and the sounds are coming over as normal radio traffic carrier. Sometimes over talking units with dispatch having them change channels and a dispatcher saying just stay on 1 they keep switching when we do anyway.

Atlanta is on an Astro 25 7.14 (soon to 7.15) digital trunked radio system. There are no "MDC identifiers", like any P25 trunked system, each radio has an working unit ID and it isn't audible, it's embedded in each OSW packet during transmit.

I don't know what you think you are listening to, but it isn't the CoA.

But I'll mention it to the system manager when I see him later this week...

Status
Not open for further replies.