Columbus / Muscogee County radiosystem still using P25 Phase 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC

After monitoring the Columbus / Muscogee County Phase 2 radio system on my trusty PRO106, which by the way only decodes P25 Phase 1, it seems that you don't need a Phase 2 scanner, as all of the radio traffic for now is still on Phase 1. I monitored Police, Fire, EMS, Sheriff, Public Works all with no problems. So for now, if you cant afford a Phase 2 scanner just re-program your radio and happy scanning.

Whelen

Premium Subscriber
After monitoring the Columbus / Muscogee County Phase 2 radio system on my trusty PRO106, which by the way only decodes P25 Phase 1, it seems that you don't need a Phase 2 scanner, as all of the radio traffic for now is still on Phase 1. I monitored Police, Fire, EMS, Sheriff, Public Works all with no problems. So for now, if you cant afford a Phase 2 scanner just re-program your radio and happy scanning.

Is the current data here in the database still correct/up to date to reprogram a scanner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8mm

Premium Subscriber
bcd996xt

never mind, I found my answer.

Last edited:

chaycock

Regarding P1/P2, I have been watching channel allocations on UT and have noticed that although the system is configured for P2, I see very few P2 voice channel allocations, most of them are still in the P1 bandplan.

8mm

Premium Subscriber
Thanks...I went ahead and ordered the 325P2, I am only getting a few calls and none from my local Harris county sheriff who shares the system with muscogee county, last year I used to get the local

8mm

Premium Subscriber
I read that article, what radio's picks up the tetra ? or is there any yet ?

8mm

Premium Subscriber
I guess the 325P2 will fix that, for Harris county I will just go break a window or rob a store when I want to hear their traffic

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber

8mm

Premium Subscriber
I got the 325P2 in and set up, still am not getting what I think I should, used proscan loaded three systems in my area, muscogee county..even tried one system at a time..I have it connected to a ST2 on top of the house I am on the high ground from here to towers about 13 miles away, I know the st2 is omni directional but wondering since it does have a front to it, if it might should be so the front is facing the towers..the bar graph on radio shows very few bars if any most the time...any ideas ?...I have gotten some decent traffic but rarely.

8mm

Premium Subscriber
I found the service search lock outs in proscan were all set to on, so I tried no lock outs and got tons of traffic various sources,, so I went and set all off except public safety and ham..picks up some...not much, will try closer in town later.

Last edited:

8mm

Premium Subscriber
well must be gremlins, today it works fine, lots of traffic out here from muscogee police.

Status
Not open for further replies.