Passed My Tech Exam Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

05WideGuy

Premium Subscriber
I must say I went through a lot of anxiety today, but it was all for nothing; I only got one answer wrong! Can't wait to get my call sign now!

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Congratulations. Now that you've conquered that anxiety, you should study and take the General right away. I felt the same way after the Technician exam, and passed the General three days after my license showed up in the database.

05WideGuy

Premium Subscriber
Congratulations. Now that you've conquered that anxiety, you should study and take the General right away. I felt the same way after the Technician exam, and passed the General three days after my license showed up in the database.

Thank You Vagrant. Can you tell me where the database is, the guy giving the exams said go to ARRL and it will be in there, but I cant find it.

RESlusher

Congrats!!

You can also look it up on QRZ.com or directly from the FCC database website. Just do a Google search for "FCC database".

It should take anywhere from 5 to 10 days depends on who's reporting the testing session results.

05WideGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone I'm very excited, I just placed my order for all the gear necessary to build my station. I hope HRO does quick shipping!

ORDER ITEMS
Line Item or Model # Manufacturer Price Quantity Sub Total
1 MLS-100. YAESU . $44.95 1 $44.95
2 OSJ-146/440. ARROW ANTENNA $38.95 1 $38.95
3 DM-330MVT ALINCO. $159.95 1 $159.95
4 FT-7900R YAESU $324.95 1 $324.95
5 YSK-7800-PROMO YAESU $0.00 1 $0.00
6 CXP1318FC50 CABLE XPERTS $65.95 1 $65.95

Last edited:

r_eugene1

Congratulations on getting your Technician license. I passed my General exam 3/16/2013 and just received my General license paper in the mail today.
Just trying to decide on what kind of HF rig I want.

KD0USR

Congrats!!

I passed my tech and general tickets on the 12th, and I was in the database by the 15th!!

Being that tomorrow is Good Friday, then the weekend, it may be next Tue or Wed before it shows up, but hopefully soon!

Again, Congrats and Welcome to the Ham world! Now the real learning begins! LOL

KD0USR

How different is the general test? Is there any of the same questions from the tech on there?

Different pool of questions, but the test is in the same format.

I used 'Hamtest Online' course (Paid version- not just the free test) , and did well on it with about 16 hours of study.

kylem1229

Premium Subscriber
Congrats! Probably going to take mine next year..took the practice exam and failed. Lot of studying to do...

05WideGuy

Premium Subscriber
Just checked the FCC system and found my call sign [KF5UTJ]. All my equipment arrives today except the coax which will be here tomorrow. Will mount everything this weekend and be on the air...just a litle stoked if ya can't tell

05WideGuy

Premium Subscriber
Congrats! Probably going to take mine next year..took the practice exam and failed. Lot of studying to do...

Kylem, give yourself some credit man, I flunked that test 4 times on the day of my exam, I walked in thinking I hadn't retained anything, I ended up with ONE wrong answer. Of course it takes a good amount of studying, our instructor told us all one thing, read the questions and concentrate on only the correct answer. You can pass the test with just 3 days work hard work.

05WideGuy

Premium Subscriber
Cool! I am getting nervous about my test coming up on the 20th of April!

Are you registered at QRZ.com? Study for a while and then take a practice test. You have a long way to go so time is on your side, if you can get off of work that day stay home and cram...remember those college days.

Status
Not open for further replies.