I'm In!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne

Premium Subscriber
Took the Tech and General tests about a week and a half ago, and the license just showed up. Yippee-Kai-aye.

I'm a little disappointed with my call sign, however. :sad:

I got a 6 digit call, so it'll sound like I'm a Tech instead of a General. I wanted a 1x3. Oh well, there's always a vanity call sign.

Delta

JustLou

Took the Tech and General tests about a week and a half ago, and the license just showed up. Yippee-Kai-aye.

I got a 6 digit call, so it'll sound like I'm a Tech instead of a General. I wanted a 1x3. Oh well, there's always a vanity call sign.

Delta

Congratulations. ...Just get a vanity call. There are sources on the net that will allow you to look-up
what call signs aren't assigned yet. I had a KC2 call for a long time, and just switched to a W2 call.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
At least half of the Extras that I know have a 2x3 call. If you've been a ham a long time, your call becomes a part of you, and you're reluctant to change it.

I've been a ham for 23 years and only recently upgraded to General. Kept my 2x3. And I'll keep it when I upgrade to Extra too.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
There are no 1x3 callsigns, also known as Group C, available in the FCC's amateur radio sequential callsign system anywhere in the FCC's jurisdiction. Everybody who is first licensed as a Technician or General gets a 2x3, also known as Group D, unless you are in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, etc., where you'd get a 2x2.

Of course, with a Technician or General license, you are eligible for a 1x3 under the vanity callsign system.

mikepdx

Delta

Only 2X3's are sequentially issued to Generals and Techs
in the lower 48 these days.
So, you do sound like a General too.
Congratulations.

AA4JR

Congrats!!! I had a 1X3 when I got my tech back in 1993 in New York. When I upgraded to General in 2001 I opted for a new call sign to reflect my move to North Carolina and I received a 2x3.

Status
Not open for further replies.