License Study Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick80013

Hey I was just curious if there are any Ham Operators that wouldn't mind helping me out. I am wanting to get licensed but I'm not great with just reading from the book. I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind showing me and teaching me what I'm studying so I can pass the test. Or if any p f you know of any good video class type study guides that would be awesome. Thanks

77Impala

This is the online course I am using to study for my Ham test. I will be testing next week and this course is very good. Even helps you on your weak areas to help you become very proficient.

HamTestOnline - Ham Radio Exam Courses and Practice Tests

There is a fee per course you want to study and it gives you 2 years to complete the study.

I am studying for the Technician license. They say about 10 hours of study to do so.

And you can take the practice tests as many times as you like.

ka4gfy

Try looking for a club in your area. The ARRL's website has a searchable list of clubs at Home. Click on "clubs" and put in your zip code.

If you really want to learn the material and not just the answers, you can also find a licensing class in your area. You can find licensing classes here too.

Both options will give a great resource of experienced hams to help you along the way.

Rich, KA4GFY

prerunner1982

I had a good experience with the FREE Study guides from No-Nonsense Study Guides - KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog . I read through it once completely and then went back and wrote down things I thought I would have problems with. I then read it through one more time completely. Then I took the practice tests. This way I wouldn't get the wrong answers in my head from taking the practice test before or during studying.

You might check Youtube for video course and the Ham College series on Amateurlogic.tv

k6cpo

Keep in mind that ANY study materials you use must be valid for the question pool in effect at the time you take your examination. The current Tehnician pool is valid from July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2018.

RayAir

AA9PW FCC Exam Practice
Take practice tests free.

I used No-nonsense Technician on my Kindle and took numerous practice tests on the above listed site.

I just need to take the tests.

My tech expired in 2011.

Want to get back into it because the DMR TGs are pretty cool (talk local, statewide, regional or worldwide groups).

There's a DMR repeater right by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.