Call sign issuance

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpockVulcan

Premium Subscriber
How long does it typically take once the VEC submits a request for a call. I took and passed the tech at the end of January, I'm like at 20 days since by now. I called the ARRL VEC and they said the fcc system was having issue and that's why it wasn't submitted. Anyone know how much longer I'll be waiting?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

K7MEM

Maybe the FCC was having the same server issues that the IRS was having.

You should be able to log into the FCC.gov web site and search for your name. I tried looking up "SpockVulcan", but it didn't come up with anything. :) You should also have received a FRN number when you took the test. That should tell you where you stand.

I believe the overall waiting time, from taking the test to seeing your callsign on QRZ, is about 18 days. That often gets extended if there are delays in submission. Just keep checking. It will get there.

FKimble

It depends on when and how the VEC sends in the paperwork. If done electronically, one or a couple days at most. If mailed in day of testing it will obviously be sooner than if mailed in days later. My wife took her Extra test last Thurs evening. It went in electronically that evening and showed up the next morning. I'm sure a "new" license would take a little longer. And if the FCC was having computer issues that will further delay it.

K4EET

Chaplain
Yes indeed, it did come up in the ULS tonight, I am on the air!

Andrew,

Congratulations on your new license. I see on the FCC's ULS site where you have applied for a close relative's callsign too. That application is pending. Again, congrats on getting your Amateur Radio license!

73, Dave K4EET

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.