Thinking of taking test at dayton hamvention

Status
Not open for further replies.

reo236

New to this part of radio world. Been on commercial for years. Always wanted to look into getting my ham lic. I see so much about studying guides just don't know what one to use. I am not a very good test taker to begin with. Any help will be appreciated and you think I'm crazy for trying that's fine also.

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
There's several good sites that help you study for your license. Some body will chime in and tell you which ones they are.
The Tech license is pretty easy, the General a little harder, and the Extra the hardest of the three. Since you've been involved in electronics for quite a while, you'll find the tests on the easy side. The 'laws' aren't too bad, but you'll do just fine. If you ever have a question, just post away and somebody will be around to help.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Just google online ham course.. There are plenty.. some free, some pay.. There are also good study apps for both iPhone and Android. Pick the one that works best for you (or two) and study up. As mentioned the Tech isn't hard to pass, and when you get to the "laws" you'll find common sense works best.

I've taught classes from both the ARRL and W5YI books, just different ways to present the same info.

If you go, and pass the Tech, you can try the General for free, pass the general, and the try at Extra is free.. Work it right and you can walk in with no ticket, and walk out an Extra.. Either way, when they offer the next level test, try, you could surprise yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.