RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Topic Specific Forums > GMRS / FRS

GMRS / FRS Discussions related to GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) and FRS (Family Radio Service) communications

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 4:48 AM

Post Facebook meets GMRS in Massachusetts

Greetings all,

I'd like to take a moment to invite GMRS users in Massachusetts that have a Facebook account to join MASS-GMRS. This group can be found at MASS-GMRS | Facebook.

I'd like to also extend and invitation to those persons who, while not in Massachusetts, may have an interest in GMRS in Massachusetts. This is open group, so all are welcome to join.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=1220

Last edited by HampshireCountyHelyon; 10-05-2009 at 4:49 AM.. Reason: typo :( Fixed now :)
Sponsored links

Old 10-12-2009, 5:37 AM

Thumbs up Mass-GMRS gets a workout

Rich,

I heard you and the crew had a great time this past weekend at the Monroe-Dunbar Brook Trail Races. Sorry I could not be there, but word is all went well and the WMAC officials were impressed.

Great job incorporating GMRS ops with the Ham ops. Who knows you guys may get a few more people interested in the hobby. At the very least you hopefully have educated those who spoke with you about not being "bubble pack pirates!"
Old 10-23-2009, 5:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward-29C View Post
Rich,

I heard you and the crew had a great time this past weekend at the Monroe-Dunbar Brook Trail Races.
Wow, time passes fast! I've been pretty busy as of late, so sorry for the late reply on the site. Yes, the Monroe-Dunbar Brook Trail Races went very smoothly. The radio team(s) had a number of complements made about them and the job they did. The weather held out and all had a good time.

After the event was done, quite a few of the crew went to the The Hoosac Tunnel, Florida - North Adams Massachusetts to do some rail-fanning.

Old 12-07-2009, 4:48 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HampshireCountyHelyon View Post
Greetings all,

I'd like to take a moment to invite GMRS users in Massachusetts that have a Facebook account to join MASS-GMRS. This group can be found at MASS-GMRS | Facebook.
Facebook and GMRS? Sounds like a good thing. As you can see by my name, I enjoy being out and about. Now that I know more places will have GMRS people there, I'll start to carry my GMRS radio more when I hike.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:03 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) T-Mobile_Juno)

I am interested in forming a group in philadelphia
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2009, 4:43 PM

Default Question about lic and SAR

So how does GMRS lic marry up so to speak to Search and Rescue and CERT ? Some local folks are convinced it would be illegal to use it for this purpose even if everyone had a licence. They are sure that was not the purpose of GMRS and it can only be used to talk with in families etc.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:21 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquirk View Post
So how does GMRS lic marry up so to speak to Search and Rescue and CERT ? Some local folks are convinced it would be illegal to use it for this purpose even if everyone had a licence. They are sure that was not the purpose of GMRS and it can only be used to talk with in families etc.
While GMRS can only be licensed by individuals there is NOTHING in the rules on who and how it can be used.. SAR/CERT is a good use for GMRS.
Old 12-25-2009, 3:11 PM

Smile

Thanks: Did you assign tactical call signs etc, and run it like a amatuer net would run?

Trying to get folks in the San Ramon tri valley area to move over to GMRS for CERT and things.

Thanks for the response
Old 05-15-2010, 10:09 AM

Exclamation WMA-GMRS repeaters

The Western Massachusetts Area GMRS [WMA-GMRS] repeaters are up and fully functional. These are (prior) permission required repeaters, but the owners are welcoming to users passing through the area. If you're in Western Massachusetts, and looking for a GMRS repeater to access, please feel free to use these machines. If you wish to use these machines on a reoccurring and/or regular basis, please make a request to become a WMA-GMRS member.

WMA-575 Owner: WQKJ537 E-Mail: wqkj537@verizon.net

WMA-625 Owner: WQKJ982 E-Mail: wqkj982@comcast.net

For general information about GMRS repeaters in Massachusetts, please click on this link: MASS-GMRS | Homepage
Sponsored links