• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Cobra & Uniden walkie talkies

Status
Not open for further replies.

cartman

Hello all. Does anyone on here have any idea what frequency band those small size Cobra and Uniden walkies talkies use. I don't have a frequency counter to use and thought maybe it might be too low to program into a scanner. Thanks for any and all help.

Last edited:

CalebATC

Defintley not! Walkie-Talkies use frequencies also known as FRS/GMRS.

Channel Frequency (MHz) Notes
1 462.5625 Shared with GMRS.
2 462.5875 Shared with GMRS.
3 462.6125 Shared with GMRS.
4 462.6375 Shared with GMRS.
5 462.6625 Shared with GMRS.
6 462.6875 Shared with GMRS.
7 462.7125 Shared with GMRS.
8 467.5625 FRS use only
9 467.5875 FRS use only
10 467.6125 FRS use only
11 467.6375 FRS use only
12 467.6625 FRS use only
13 467.6875 FRS use only
14 467.7125 FRS use only

Although a lot of people use channel 1-7 unlicensed, it is illegal without a licence. The manual says you must have a GMRS licence to operate GMRS frequencies.

These are in FM, and if you have the CTCSS feature on your scanner, also known as PL, you will see what they are using for their "private" freqs, although they are just PL tones.

gary123

On a releated topic does anyone have the freq that a lot of the "toy" walkie talkies use. Im talikng about the "licenced" (not radio licenced) toys like spongebob, spiderman, ironman, Gi joe etc. These are not FRS/GMRS. The packages used to list them in the 49.8 mhz or 27.1 area but they dont appear to be on these anymore.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
On a releated topic does anyone have the freq that a lot of the "toy" walkie talkies use. Im talikng about the "licenced" (not radio licenced) toys like spongebob, spiderman, ironman, Gi joe etc. These are not FRS/GMRS. The packages used to list them in the 49.8 mhz or 27.1 area but they dont appear to be on these anymore.

I would double check! Those should be on FRS channels. Tri square possibly,but I doubt it highly.
n9zas

silverf0x

Premium Subscriber
Old post, I know...

I have an old walkie talkie (approx. 20 years old) and few of the new toy walkie talkies and they are all still on the 49.8xxx frequencies. The ones I have tend to bleed over a bit, but they focus on 49.8500 and 49.8600 (same as baby monitors).

Status
Not open for further replies.