• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Is there an emergency channel on MURS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc0bus

Greetings,
I was just wondering if anyone might happen to know if there is any kind of agreed-upon official or semi-official emergency channel in the MURS service, and if so, what is it?
Thank you

teufler

Only 5 channels, easy to scan. Most MURS used as business frequencies so if they would have an emergency, I think they would be talking on whatever frequency that had been operating on.

Most mobile to base, so a contact would always be there, I would think. Not like cb with channel 9 or FRS, don't think FRS has one. Most FRS is such sort range you could wave at each other for an emergency. I guess maritime has a emergency channel, I think its channel 16.

WQWG712

Channel 20 is the emergency Channel!
which is Frequency 162.675 PL tone 141.3

If you are on a Family FRS radio its Channel 20 and PL 20,
But since FRS transmits at 1/2 watt it may not work if you are to far from Repeater!

ecps92

Correction 462.6750 is a GMRS Freq, not an FRS
and Simplex won't trip a Repeater

Channel 20 is the emergency Channel!
which is Frequency 462.675 PL tone 141.3

If you are on a Family FRS radio its Channel 20 and PL 20,
But since FRS transmits at 1/2 watt it may not work if you are to far from Repeater!

wtp

the word is no.

gmrs ch 20 is an un-official travelers assist/emergency channel and is 462.675/467.675 141.3pl
frs ch 1 is an un-official calling channel and has no repeater function.
and i have not seen in quite some time a sign for cb ch 9 being monitored.

ron36

C.b. Channel 9 is the official Emergency 27.065 MHz Official FCC Travelers assistance channel !! May or may not be monitored Regularly depends on location !! Cell phones as we know took over!!! Again depending on location ! 462.6750 GMRS is unofficial channel !!! some locations use 18 some 20!!! Murs Does Not Have An Emergency Channel !!! Maritime : Emergency channel 16 Marine Band 156.800mhz General calling for boaters Channel 9 156.4500mhz. Marine Band !!!! FRS/Gmrs radios Are considered Alternative communications and not truly considered A primary active set of Bands !! Depending on locations !! not every city has a React Team !! I would listen FRS 1 official calling channel in a Disaster event !!!! FRS/GMRS 1 462.5625 is official calling channel !!! Honest Answer !!! and down below. some one has. 162 .675 MHz !! you better not transmit on it. As its a Weather NOAA channel !

ron36

C.b. Channel 9 is the official Emergency 27.065 MHz Official FCC Travelers assistance channel !! May or may not be monitored Regularly depends on location !! Cell phones as we know took over!!! Again depending on location ! 462.6750 GMRS is unofficial channel !!! some locations use 18 some 20!!! Murs Does Not Have An Emergency Channel !!! Maritime : Emergency channel 16 Marine Band 156.800mhz General calling for boaters Channel 9 156.4500mhz. Marine Band !!!! FRS/Gmrs radios Are considered Alternative communications and not truly considered A primary active set of Bands !! Depending on locations !! not every city has a React Team !! I would listen FRS 1 official calling channel in a Disaster event !!!! FRS/GMRS 1 462.5625 is official calling channel !!! Honest Answer !!! and down below. some one has. 162 .675 MHz !! you better not transmit on it..!!!! Its not a FRS /Channel !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.