RadioIDAlert...can you explain???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gd9704

With the newest firmware, we PSR-500 owners now have "RadioIDAlert!"

* Added "RadioIDAlert" item to FUNC+GLOB menu. If set, then we'll
show the private TGRP's alert when:
a. showing a group call.
b. showing the private TGRP's tag on line for for the radio ID.
c. private TGRP's "LED Color" is non-zero (the default 'off').
d. new menu item enabled.

This sounds really cool, but I'm not sure what it means or what it does.....I've enabled it on my scanner, but I don't know what it's supposed to do now.....

Can anyone enlighten me??????

Thanks!

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
I am not 100% sure (I haven't installed the update yet, will when I get home) but I am taking a guess at it. More or less like the alert for a freq or tgid where you can have it sound an audiable tone (you can select which one) to alert you when it is active.

mikey60

With the newest firmware, we PSR-500 owners now have "RadioIDAlert!"

* Added "RadioIDAlert" item to FUNC+GLOB menu. If set, then we'll
show the private TGRP's alert when:
a. showing a group call.
b. showing the private TGRP's tag on line for for the radio ID.
c. private TGRP's "LED Color" is non-zero (the default 'off').
d. new menu item enabled.

This sounds really cool, but I'm not sure what it means or what it does.....I've enabled it on my scanner, but I don't know what it's supposed to do now.....

Can anyone enlighten me??????

Thanks!

If enabled, and a radio ID is stored with an alert setting, the radio ID Alert settings will be used instead of the Talkgroup alert settings.

Mike

mikey60

How do we set these, I've not figured it out yet..

You have to store the radio ID as a Private Call Object in the TSYS. Set the Alert features you want when that radio ID transmits on a talkgroup (or in a private call) and store that object. Then turn on the RadioIDAlert feature in the radio.

When any talkgroup becomes active with that radio ID, the alert settings from that radio will be used instead of the talkgroup alert settings.

Mike

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
Problem I notice is on our StateWide P25 system here is after one unit talks and the Radio ID shows at the bottom of the screen, if the next unit keys the mic to fast it will not change to the unit talking, it stays showing the first unit that was talking.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Private Call Problems

I installed the latest update yesterday and added several radios ids as private objects for a local TRS and set the Radio ID Alert to "ON". My unit will recognize those radio ids when they pop up but, it is still deaf to private phone patches on the system made by or to those radio ids. I don't know of any systems in my area where they use radio to radio private calls so I can't test it to see if this is a fluke limited to the system I am monitoring. Is anyone else still experiencing this problem?

Mark

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I found another system in my area today that uses private call radio to radio. My PSR500 will recognize these private calls but will not recognize phone patches on a TRS. Can anyone explain why this is so?

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.