New GRE Built MFJ-Branded Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have just learned that MFJ (!!) has entered the USA Scanner Market, with two models.
One is a 1,000ch Triple Trunking HandHeld, which will be known as the model MFJ-8322, with an MFJ listed price of $199.99 .
It seems to look like & be described as the GRE PSR-300, from what we have seen so far.
The other is a basic desktop model, which will be known as the MFJ-8310 ($99.99) . No availablity date has yet been given.
We will have more information & pictures in our What's New, & OnLine Catalog pages, as the information becomes available.
. John P Advanced Specialties Inc.

Last edited by a moderator:
MFJ also mentions RadioReference in their write up description of the upcomming scanner model:

"... The MFJ-8322 has an alpha display, so you can program the name of the TID and know exactly what you are monitoring when it comes up in the display. Confirm your local system is compatible and analog (not digital) trunked at www.radioreference.com, most systems are analog. Not for digital trunked systems.
Of course, the MFJ-8322 handheld also tunes all the VHF and UHF bands, and has all the important features just like the MFJ-8310 desktop scanner, (see below). So you can monitor favorite repeaters, NOAA Weather, Sky-warn, Business Bands, Aircraft, Marine - all the frequencies tuned by the MFJ-8310 PLUS the 222-225 MHz ham band, Military Aircraft frequencies and the 1240 - 1300 MHz ham band, too!
Ready for all you want to monitor, the MFJ-8322 stores up to 1,000 frequencies, maximum 10 trunked systems and up to 1,500 total TID's. Enter your county FIPS code and hear only NOAA "SAME" alerts for your county.
The Spectrum Sweeper mode outclasses other scanner search features - with remarkable sensitivity, this mode rapidly searches for local transmitters of unknown frequency, finding, tuning and monitoring a nearby transmission in roughly ¾ second. And if that's not the signal you were looking for, lock out the undesired frequency and search again - this cannot be done by competitive scanners..."

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
We have just learned that MFJ (!!) has entered the USA Scanner Market, with two models.
One is a 1,000ch Triple Trunking HandHeld, which will be known as the model MFJ-8322, with an MFJ listed price of $199.99 .
It seems to look like & be described as the GRE PSR-300, from what we have seen so far.
The other is a basic desktop model, which will be known as the MFJ-8310 ($99.99) . No availablity date has yet been given.
We will have more information & pictures in our What's New, & OnLine Catalog pages, as the information becomes available.
. John P Advanced Specialties Inc.

I have confirmed the MFJ model 8322 is a GRE PSR 300 delv on new MFJ is to be DEC.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Interesting turn of events in light of "The Shack" cell phone ad campaign I see on TV.

Good to see GRE branching out to other markets.

k2epm

Premium Subscriber
I have confirmed the MFJ model 8322 is a GRE PSR 300 delv on new MFJ is to be DEC.

I'll confirm that too, I have a MFJ-8322 sitting on my desk. After Thanksgiving I am going to put it through the paces and see if my programming cable for my PSR-500 works with it and if it is compatible with PSR-300 software. Not quite sure what MFJ is thinking...$199 when Universal has the PSR300 on sale for $169. Very interesting turn of events.

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'll confirm that too, I have a MFJ-8322 sitting on my desk. After Thanksgiving I am going to put it through the paces and see if my programming cable for my PSR-500 works with it and if it is compatible with PSR-300 software. Not quite sure what MFJ is thinking...$199 when Universal has the PSR300 on sale for $169. Very interesting turn of events.

Well I know this is an old post but I just got my MFJ8322
:mad:(feels like junk):mad: any ideas on
Freeware programming?:confused:
and as a;) UNIDEN:wink: guy I think Id be returning this if it was mine
(purchaesed for my brother)

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thanks Dave, My WARNING flag went up when I relized the limmited posts on this product

The 30 day trial thing should work Im programming radio in Colorado and shipping it to CA
Thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.