GRE CES New Product Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Since today is the opening of the CES show, we will make a sticky thread for any announcements on there new products.

Please use this thread for announcements on new products only!

MOTOTRBO would be nice:cool:

Last edited:
Where's the GRE News?

OK. It's 7:30 on the east coast and 4:30 in Vegas. People are leaving the CES to get liquored up and head to the chicken ranch.
What happened at the show? What's the revolutionary news?

Thanks, HCH

safetyobc

This guy was there but says we'll have to wait til tomorrow until he tells what he found out. Either that or he didn't get a chance to get all the intel.

Seems like GRE would make a press release available to the general public (not able to be at CES).

brandon

Database Admin
Looks like a NASCAR scanner and a black PSR-700 (iSCAN radio?).

sigint1

Was: joking
This guy was there but says we'll have to wait til tomorrow until he tells what he found out. Either that or he didn't get a chance to get all the intel.

Seems like GRE would make a press release available to the general public (not able to be at CES).

His twitter blog only mentions a GRE Branded Iscan Equivilent and a NEW GRE Branded Race Scanner Jeffrey Pryor KC8NNO (jpryor223) on Twitter

mobile1

Nothing New Here !

Jeffery Prior KC8NN0 reported by Twitter one hour ago : New GRE branded I-scan is the same as RS model and a new race scanner. That was all he reported.

k9xyz

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Wow

....and those are gonna revolutionize the scanner industry...I don't think so.

wvscanner

Database Admin
The big announcement was a iscan, that is already on the market with RS? To me that scanner is not even a high end scanner.

bcradio

Database Admin
"The first radio scanner that anyone can use"

Sounds like an ad for the Snuggie.

Blankets are complicated!

:)

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
exactly what I predicted..

wait i thought theyd at least have a digital i-scan on display or announce one.

boy those people hoping for TDMA TRBO PROVOICE touchscreen and everything else must be upset

Jeffery Prior KC8NN0 reported by Twitter one hour ago : New GRE branded I-scan is the same as RS model and a new race scanner. That was all he reported.

jpryor

Two new GRECOM branded Scanning Receivers announced today at CES:

PSR-700 "EZ Scan-SD"
PSR-110 Race Scanner

From my very brief booth visit this afternoon and information from the 2010 GRECOM Product Guide:

PSR-700: GRECOM branded version of the iScan (Clones with RadioShack PRO-107 iScan), but will offer some distinct differentiations; the color of the unit is all black, has orange LCD backlighting as well as a different keypad configuration.

PSR-110: Small, compact yellow case, still has a full number keypad (in a 1-5 on one row and 6-0 on second row configuration); indicates preprogrammed for 6 "Big Race Categories" (NASCAR, Champ Car, ARCA RE/MAX, etc); and primarily focused on being a race scanner as it covers only 450 to 469.9875 MHz. Also offers a "Cellular Phone Connection & Intercom Connection" (I suspect for linking up with and talking to other race fans while scanning).

I have dedicated time scheduled tomorrow morning with GRE (11AM Vegas time) and will be able to provide some additional information and commentary as well as better pictures of the specific models after that point in time. I'll also see what GRE's timeline is for posting this new model documentation on their site. Likely won't be able to post much more here until back at the hotel Friday night.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the model #'s and info... although disappointing at least it gives us a lot more info then we had before

Two new GRECOM branded Scanning Receivers announced today at CES:

PSR-700 "EZ Scan-SD"
PSR-110 Race Scanner

PSR-700: GRECOM branded version of the iScan (Clones with RadioShack PRO-107 iScan), but will offer some distinct differentiations; the color of the unit is all black, has orange LCD backlighting as well as a different keypad configuration.

PSR-110: Small, compact yellow case, still has a full number keypad (in a 1-5 on one row and 6-0 on second row configuration); indicates preprogrammed for 6 "Big Race Categories" (NASCAR, Champ Car, ARCA RE/MAX, etc); and primarily focused on being a race scanner as it covers only 450 to 469.9875 MHz. Also offers a "Cellular Phone Connection & Intercom Connection" (I suspect for linking up with and talking to other race fans while scanning).

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Oh well maybe next year gre will give us a
a big color TFT touch screen.

Countdown to ces 2011 begins now !

Status
Not open for further replies.