Crazy erratic display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldglide

OK. Radio works perfect, great reception etc. The display is out of control. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's blank. Sometimes the display is upside down, mirror image, mirror image upside down, weird characters and more. The only thing that works all the time is "hold down PGM button and power up" CPU upgrade window is always there. When I first got it it worked like I described, then it worked perfect for about 5 days and then it crazy again. Was able to load new firmware, CPU v1.8 and DSP v1.4. After that it worked great for about a week and then it started doing it's thing, again. All manner of resets, power on resets don't do anything. I believe there should be some sort of power on, power off in some sort of sequence, maybe using some keys to power reset the CPU. That's what's going on. Ready for the sledge hammer.

SCPD

QRT
You probably might get a better response if you mention which scanner you are referring to. I know there were issues with problems as described and a fix was issued, but without a model number I won't get into the details of it.

kcoleman

Have you thought about going to greamerica.com and opening a help ticket. They may have a suggestion or two you might try.

Good Luck,
Keith

Oldglide

Waiting for a response.

Yes I did and hopefully I will get an answer today. They are always good at responding in a timely manner.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Status
Not open for further replies.