Official Gre 800 and Phase II announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

trido

Premium Subscriber
Gre ,just called me and said I may go official with the info.

They are pleased to announce that yes the GRE PSR 800 does decode the Motorola Phase II system.

Last edited:

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.654 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/398)

Are you sure they didn't say motorola type 2? Or did they confirm P25 phase 2

Last edited:

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Nope... this is in regards to P-25 Phase II, otherwise known as TDMA2...

Prince George County, Loudon County...

Excellent news - thanks Jeff !!!

trido

Premium Subscriber
Yes for sure P25 phase II they designed it that way all along per GRE rep.

Jeff
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.654 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/398)

Are you sure they didn't say motorola type 2? Or did they confirm P25 phase 2

Ensnared

Well, this changes my mind a bit. I like to own scanners that don't become obsolete. I know that Phase II is a ways off, but still.

SCPD

QRT
I think they meant X2-TDMA

They are pleased to announce that yes the GRE PSR 800 does decode the Motorola Phase II system.

Jeff, You might want to call them back and verify that it might just be X2-TDMA right now!

Craig

garikfox

Just got this from GRE support.

Hi Gerik,

Thank you for contacting GRE.

During the transition, your city's system will likely have a mix of Phase I (FDMA) and Phase II (TDMA) traffic. The PSR-600 would be able to receive only the Phase I radio transmissions. It will not be able to receive the Phase II TDMA radio transmissions. If the system transitions to 100% Phase II TDMA, then the PSR-600 will not be able to receive any radio transmissions on that system.

Best Regards,
GRE Support Team

trido

Premium Subscriber
I am sorry to say GRE just confirmed that yes 500/600 will not work or be upgraded to work.;

Sorry.

[
QUOTE=garikfox;1498369]So once cities go P25 phase II then my PSR-600 is useless ?[/QUOTE]

trido

Premium Subscriber
more info I see some post refering to the two systems near DC area as Motorola’s X2 TDMA technology so I am told the scanner does this type system.

maybe that means for now there are NO TRUE P25 TDMA Phase II systems online as final specs arent out?
Well I am not sure about all this GRE just called I am to now say gre 800 does what called X2 TDMA but as far as P25 TDMA no because specs are final YET.

So what help me where and what is a X2 TDMA system.

Believe me I am sorry on all this think I let GRE take over from here.
I just passed on what they tell me.

Last edited:

trido

Premium Subscriber

more info I see some post refering to the two systems near DC area as Motorola’s X2 TDMA technology so I am told the scanner does this type system.

maybe that means for now there are NO TRUE P25 TDMA Phase II systems online as final specs arent out?

trido

Premium Subscriber
Yes for sure P25 phase II they designed it that way all along per GRE rep.

Jeff

I am now told above is wrong gre 800 does X2TDMA

Status
Not open for further replies.