PSR-800 Computer CONTROL Protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterGV

K1PGV
It seems that the protocol to control the PSR-800 is different from that used by the PSR-500.

Is the interface public as it is for the PSR-500? (note the CONTROL interface for the PSR-500 is publicly available, the PROGRAMMING interface is NDA).

I ask because it would be nice to add PSR-800 support to ScannerCast...

Thanks for whatever info or pointers that folks can provide,

Peter
K1PGV

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
While we're on the subject, I'm unable to get ScannerCast to interact with the PSR-310/410, leading me to believe the control protocol for those two models is also different than the PSR-500/600. I'd love to see ScannerCast support those two models also.

Dewey

It seems that the protocol to control the PSR-800 is different from that used by the PSR-500.

Is the interface public as it is for the PSR-500? (note the CONTROL interface for the PSR-500 is publicly available, the PROGRAMMING interface is NDA).

I ask because it would be nice to add PSR-800 support to ScannerCast...

Thanks for whatever info or pointers that folks can provide,

Peter
K1PGV

http://forums.radioreference.com/gr...r-800-post-release-thread-19.html#post1497752

If you read the above post and a couple of Don's posts after that, the programming is not going to be released.

PeterGV

K1PGV
The programming info for the 500 is also NDA (and I'm under NDA for that). The CONTROL info for the 500 is NOT NDA however.

I guess I have to contact the GRE guy again.

I'd still appreciate a definitive statement by someone on this topic.

Peter
K1PGV

PeterGV

K1PGV
Yikes... OK. I've sent a note off to the gentleman at GRE that I dealt with on the PSR-500... he was very nice and very helpful. I'll report back here when I hear something. With the tragedy so recently in Japan it's hard to know if that will affect the response time.

I will be very disappointed if they say "sorry, your software is free... Therefore we will not provide you with the spec" as was suggested in another thread.

Peter
k1PGV

K9WG

Yikes... snip ...
I will be very disappointed if they say "sorry, your software is free... Therefore we will not provide you with the spec" as was suggested in another thread.

Peter
k1PGV
Yes, especially when the manual (presently on their web site) says they will.

SCPD

QRT
I will die if they don't provide you with what you need. Right now I use two scanners with Scanner Cast (PSR-600 for tags and PSR-800 for audio because its sounds better) and I would like to make this JUST PSR-800. Please let us know what they say so I know if I'm SOL!

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
GRE needs to understand that with the TDMA capablities people may want to buy these to host a feed, and they will need this capability for alpha tags. Please keep us informed.

PeterGV

K1PGV
Just a follow-up (so that you know I haven't dropped the ball): I made the request to GRE, and it is being considered by "headquarters."

I *will* post back when I hear, and I *will* follow-up with them if I don't hear back soon. I don't want to push too hard and risk appearing rude, especially considering the recent tragedy in Japan.

Peter
K1PGV

loco-lee

Peter,

Any news on this? I think they are up to no good. They should have had the forethought that people would want to stream internet feeds with this becasue the audio is so good. Alpha tags are a must.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm sure Peter will update us just as soon as he has new information.

I would be pretty shocked if GRE denies his request, for two reasons: First, he's already signed a NDA with GRE for the 500 programming protocol...no reason that couldn't also cover the 800's protocols. Second, he is the official provider of RR's streaming software, so it would behoove GRE to work with him, not against him.

I'm still waiting on word about the 310/410 alpha tag protocol. I assumed they'd be the same as the 500/600, but that is apparently not the case. Neither ScannerCast nor RadioFeed support the 310/410 yet, which is a shame because I have a brand new 410 sitting here that I'm seriously considering running a feed from if I can get tags supported on it.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Up for a thread bump. I was in an area today where I was monitoring a ProVoice EDACS system, using a PSR500 as the source (control channel) radio. I was parking my PSR800 on each LCN and piping it into DSD to decode the ProVoice signals. It would have been really nice to be able to have Unitrunker tune the PSR800 to each LCN as a digital call went out, so I could follow the signal better! :)

.... or, I could put a discriminator tap on a radio that Unitrunker can control, but then I wouldn't have reason to post in this thread.

PeterGV

K1PGV
Thanks for the bump.

I *have* asked GRE *again* ... pointing out that it's been over a month since my initital request... and they said they will try to get me an answer soon.

I'm not sure if getting no answer is Japanese for "no" in this case, or if there's some actually issue they're discussing, or if their dude in charge of signing on the dotted line is on vacation. No clue.

I continue to ask, however. And I *will* post back here when I know.

Don't hesitate to bump and ask me the status at any time,

P

PeterGV

K1PGV
Good news!

I was notified this morning that GRE management has approved my request for the control information.

YAY!! That's good news for the community.

I have officially requested information about the 310/410, 700 and 800. We'll see what I get, and how hard it is to implement.

OK! It's starting to look like a summer of updates for ScannerCast. It'll be tough to squeeze-in the time, but I suppose it'll give me something to do on the plane as I fly between the US East Coast, the US Pacific Northwest, France, and India for my job...

Peter
K1PGV

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
PSR-800 scanner control

i was wondering how this works with new 800 radio if it can or will be able to be controlled through the usb port for the purpose of tracking trunked systems. Will it work with PRO96COM, unitrunker and programs like that and can it be controlled by those programs. I know the radio has a DISC TAP built in to the headphone jack I was hoping to use it to follow trs's through the usb port and use the IF port for decoding voice and data with programs like DSD and so on is this possible with the 800?

Thanks,
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.