Psr 800 Error Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

de784

Feed Provider
Went to turn my 800 on today got error code 3-01 00000002 0011 says see user guide any one have an idea what this means

SCPD

QRT
From the users guide:

03-03 Error reading
MicroSD card
Reinsert the MicroSD card to ensure it is fully
inserted in locked in the MicroSD slot. If
necessary, reformat the MicroSD card using the
PC Application “Prepare SD Card for use” option.
Replace the MicroSD card if the problem persists.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Error

I got the same error this weekend. The 16Gig memory card I have used for the last month failed. I tried everything the manual suggested. So looking online you can go to the SD memory Wiki page and the SD association page and learn that this is not too uncommon for a memory card to work then not work. Apparently generic formatters like the one used by Windows don't really format the cards properly. I used the Panasonic formatter and it did the trick. Your information will be saved on your hard drive if you used the software to program the radio. So if you do the proper format and then install the library and your v-folders you should be back in business.

I'd try what the PSR-800 manual suggests first. I now have a copy of my information on the original 2Gig card as well as on my 16gig card that I use everyday.

If you are using a memory card other than the one supplied with the scanner a quick check would be to remove it and try the original.

SD Formatter 3.0 for SD/SDHC/SDXC - SD Association Beta 3 formatter
Home - SD Association
SD Memory Card Formatting Software | SD Memory Card | Digital AV | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global

By the way the manual is stored in the software under the Help tab and the codes are near the back of the manual.

Went to turn my 800 on today got error code 3-01 00000002 0011 says see user guide any one have an idea what this means

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
What make and model of memory card are you using? Also what class is it?

I use a class 4, 8GB SanDisc formatted using the EZ-Scan Digital software, under the Scanner/SD Card pulldown, Prepare Scanner Memory/SD Card for use. It does all the work for you. I've had no problems with the microSD card so far.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Memory Card

Mine is a Wintec Class 4 16Gig. I wanted a Sandisk however I was at Fry's in Phoenix last month and they didn't have any so I figured I'd try it since it wasn't a whole lot of money. I was ready to just go buy a Sandisk Sunday locally. Before I went shopping I decided to see if I could fix the card.

So I used the PSR-800 program and prepared the SD card. No change. I used Windows 7 to format the SD card (Quick Format) No change. I used Windows 7 and unchecked the quick format. No change.

Then using the SD format tool I did a full erase and full format. It went fairly quickly until it reached 95% then it slowed down but it finished just fine. I then copied the DB and my V-Folders to it and inserted it into the scanner. Presto it now worked and it seems to boot up a bit faster than it did before the crash with this card.

I usually only but Sandisk but took a chance this time when I was out in Phoenix on business. My digital SLR camera's all have Sandisk cards. I felt much better after using the original SD card and the scanner booted up. Realizing it was a memory card issue and not a scanner issue.

As I said I'd do as the manual says first if that doesn't get up and running I go for the Memory Card formatter.

What make and model of memory card are you using? Also what class is it?

I use a class 4, 8GB SanDisc formatted using the EZ-Scan Digital software, under the Scanner/SD Card pulldown, Prepare Scanner Memory/SD Card for use. It does all the work for you. I've had no problems with the microSD card so far.

IowaGuy1603

When I first got my new toy I was making a lot of changes to the card...........I got that error several times.........I re-formatted that card and then copied things back to the card. It worked until the next time I screwed with the card............so I re-formatted again.

I use two cards. One in the scanner and one in the drawer. I make my changes to my scanner on the computer..........SAVE it. Then upload to my spare card (drawer card). I then put the card in the scanner and see if it works. That way I have the I was using in the scanner, the computer copy AND the one I just downloaded on.

I can immedialty go back to the one I have been using or try to format the drawer copy......and re-upload to it. Once I have a card with a copy that works...........I upload it to the other card---check to see if it works ---then it becomes my drawer copy

And we start over the next time we make changes. It is a bit more time consuming ......but I don't really like to upload directly to the card while it is in the scanner unless I have to. With the spare card, I can upload and still listen to the scanner :)

I use ScanDisk or PNY cards of Class 4 or higher...............

bravo14

Premium Subscriber

I have the same error message myself. I only had this radio less than 24 hours this the 3rd time got the error. Is there a file(s) I can download I'm going to get a new card. Not able to use scanner now cause of the stupid error. I let windows fix the problem worked for a few mints than crashed.

tilt404

Premium Subscriber
I've had errors too, but have since learned to just wait, even shut off the scanner and try it again. Even in my laptop when I put the card in the reader I will get an error telling me to format it or its not readable. But I just take it out and put it back in and all is well. In the past I would freak and format and start all over again. Now I know not to panic and just try again. Usually its just a simple fix.

boatbod

I have the same error message myself. I only had this radio less than 24 hours this the 3rd time got the error. Is there a file(s) I can download I'm going to get a new card. Not able to use scanner now cause of the stupid error. I let windows fix the problem worked for a few mints than crashed.

I've had errors too, but have since learned to just wait, even shut off the scanner and try it again. Even in my laptop when I put the card in the reader I will get an error telling me to format it or its not readable. But I just take it out and put it back in and all is well. In the past I would freak and format and start all over again. Now I know not to panic and just try again. Usually its just a simple fix.

If you get one of those error messages it's highly likely the card has been corrupted. I haven't narrowed down the exact sequence guaranteed to cause corruption, but disconnecting the scanner while the unit is recording, or shortly after making an update has a pretty high likelihood of screwing things up.

The good news is that 9 out of 10 times you can simply reformat the card using EZ Scan's "Prepare Scanner Memory/SD Card for First Use". If the corruption is so bad that EZ Scan doesn't recognize it, you can generally use the SD Association tool previously linked to get it going again. In either case you're going to want to format the card and then copy the library files and config over to it.

I've personally found that incidences of corruption can be greatly reduced by ensuring I always exit out of EZ Scan and then use Windows "Safely Remove Hardware" icon to unmount the drive before disconnecting anything. It's laborious but saves time in the long run.

timcarvis

PSR 800 Fatal Error Can Someone Help

My PSR 800 starts and runs for 30 seconds then displays "fatal error - data files not valid for this App version",
even though I have latest upgrades (1.6) of firmware and software. Any solutions in the scanner itself?

Tim

jackj

I hosed my 8 gig card by removing it while the scanner was turned on. EZScan wouldn't recognize the card, so it wouldn't format it. Windows said to plug in a card, no luck there. I found a small program put out by the group that wrote the specs for SD cards, downloaded it and tried it. Worked fine the first time and saved my card. I haven't had any problems since then.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I had similar issues about a year ago. The microSD card actually went "bad". I couldn't format, access or do anything with it. I sent it back under warranty and received a new one. About a week later, the same thin happened. I narrowed it down to the AC USB charger I was using both time. I never used it again and the issue has never happened again. So, I would make sure you're use a good name brand changed and not a no-name one you got off ebay for $1.

wingmaker

Can you do the format with it in the scanner with the software? I have an error of 3-01 00000002 0006:(
Thanks LOVE AND BLESSINGS

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have to take out the sd card to put into computer cause when I have my radio off than plug in the usb and open ezscan loads fine>>> but when I am done I exit the ezscan (while the radio still off) it will not safely remove the usb storage if I unplug the usb cable it will give a error and so on. I have to turn off computer to remove the usb cable safely. For now on I use the sd card reader on computer I don't get the errors.

boatbod

I have to take out the sd card to put into computer cause when I have my radio off than plug in the usb and open ezscan loads fine>>> but when I am done I exit the ezscan (while the radio still off) it will not safely remove the usb storage if I unplug the usb cable it will give a error and so on. I have to turn off computer to remove the usb cable safely. For now on I use the sd card reader on computer I don't get the errors.

Sounds like a windows problem. Both my win7 and winxp machines allow the sd card to be deactivated through the "safely remove hardware" icon in the taskbar.

Status
Not open for further replies.