PSR-800 CPU Firmware U1.2 and PC Application Version 1.03 - Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Am I totally braindead? I can't find anyplace on the GRE Support site where the actual CPU Firmware update and application software update are. Anybody?

Mike

Last edited:

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Thanks A LOT GRE!

They seem to have directly addressed several of the issues AND 'wants' we have brought up. Will be trying the new changes and will report back.

Thanks again GRE.

exportdawg

Also, make sure you install the GRE USB Driver when it prompts you. I think it mentions that in the update on GRE site.

exportdawg

Am I totally braindead? I can't find anyplace on the GRE Support site where the actual CPU Firmware update and application software update are. Anybody?

Mike

Make sure the scanner is OFF, Have one end of the USB plugged into the computer, the other end NOT attached to the scanner. Open up EZ Software, then attach the end of the USB cable(Scanner still off) to the scanner while holding Menu at the same time. The go to updates in the EZSoftware and Click CPU Firmware update. That should do the trick.

brian95008

Premium Subscriber
Backlight

Does this new release have the added feature where the backlight will turn OFF when there is no active frequency displayed?

Thanks,
Brian

scannerfreak

Database Admin
That feature has been in the radio since it's release. From the user manual's backlight section:

The Mode settings have 5 options. The Mode (Pwr) option controls the mode of the backlight when the scanner is being powered by the USB cable.

The Mode (Batt) setting controls the mode of the backlight when the scanner is powered by batteries. The following mode settings are available for both options:

Normal:

The backlight will normally be off unless an active channel is programmed to turn the backlight on or the power button is pressed and released.

Key:

The backlight will normally be off until either an active frequency or talkgroup turns it on, or a key is pressed. The scanner will act on the key that is pressed in this mode.

Ignore:

The same as the Key mode, except the first key press is ignored and will do nothing but turn the backlight on.

On:

The backlight will always be on, unless an active channel cause it to blink based on the alarm setting.

Stealth:

The backlight will always be off, even if an active channel has an alarm setting that would turn it on.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
I LOVE having the fixed RID tags now. And FINALLY with the addition of the Flexstep option, my local systems' frequencies display properly on the screen.

Thanks again GRE.

bconder

Port problem

This is more of a computer problem, but when I try to update the Firmware using the GRE software, the XP computer says the scanner does not have port...and won't connect.
The computer recognizes the GRE800 scanner when I connect the usb cable...then asks to install software.
This is a netbook with no CD drive, so I downloaded the GRE software from their website.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob

kikito

Premium Subscriber
"Fixed a display issue with delay time when sorting the talkgroup or radio ID listings on the Trunked Systems Tab and the delay time for an object is set higher than 25.5 seconds."

I don't know if the above was supposed to fix the problem I'm having but I still have it. If I set the delay on a TG to say 10secs., when I sort anything in that tab, it changes it to 10.1 or 10.2 randomly.

Now that I try several different delays, doesn't matter which number I enter, it gets changed by .1 or .2 whenever I sort the TGs. Not a big deal, especially because it doesn't look like it's changing the actual delay on the object.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
XP and PSR800

See if this helps.

GRE America, Inc. - Powered By Kayako SupportSuite

This is more of a computer problem, but when I try to update the Firmware using the GRE software, the XP computer says the scanner does not have port...and won't connect.
The computer recognizes the GRE800 scanner when I connect the usb cable...then asks to install software.
This is a netbook with no CD drive, so I downloaded the GRE software from their website.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Good to see you can return to the last active object when scanning by pressing the left arrow on the rocker button.

SD70MAC

updates

I don't know if GRE is watching this form or not ,but they are doing a great job !!! This is the only way any company can be the Best at what they do and most companies are not doing this today.

Status
Not open for further replies.