Psr-600

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbirroscan

I am no novice to scanning or providing a radio feed however I am new to the GRE PSR-600. I have it programmed 100% (I think), and it's running pretty well. The difference between this scanner and my analog is the audio. I recall reading something a while back about issues with the GRE and Uniden digital trunked scanners and them being incapable of providing 100% clear reception due to some kind of data or something being sent along with the TX. Anyway, if someone is familiar with the GRE PSR-600, and how some of the audio comes in garbled (not encrypted, I know what that is), please let me know what if anyting can be done. The firmware and software is up to date, and the signal I am receiving is from several county wide antennas, so thats not a problem. Final note, the poor quality comes on all talkgroups and can be right in the middle of a TX or conversation. Thanks RC

Eng74

Sometimes it is the radio system and not your scanner. If it happens once in a while it is the system. Is it a multi site system or a single site?

sbirroscan

Sometimes it is the radio system and not your scanner. If it happens once in a while it is the system. Is it a multi site system or a single site?
Define mutli site. Do you mean multiple antenna towers? if so yes there are 4 in the county. Also they are currently simulcasting digital and analog I dont know if that has an issue. They are rebanding the system where it will be 100% digital. The scanners data is for P25 digital only though... I have not entered analog info.

It sounds ok to me for the most part here in Michigan. Of course there is that simulcast distortion that may occur sometimes.

Most of Michigan is Simulcast here of course and lot of counties have gone digital.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Oslo, most of Michigan does not use simulcast digital.

What system are you trying to listen to?

mikey60

Rob,

His point was most of southeast Michigan (MSP District 2) is Simulcast on the MPSCS (St. Clair, Macomb, Wayne/Detroit, Monroe, Washtenaw)

Mike

sbirroscan

psr600

I am trying to listen to New Hanover County's P25 system. They are transitioning to a rebanding of all radios to digital but until then analog is simulcast.... making me believe this may be the cause for the occasional poor audio. I will also attempt to place an 800Mhz Yagi and point it to my closest source hopefully alleviating any interference from other simulcast towers in the county. Any takes on that idea? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.