RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > GRE Scanners

GRE Scanners A forum for the discussion of all GRE branded scanning radios and receivers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 6:47 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Psr-600

I am no novice to scanning or providing a radio feed however I am new to the GRE PSR-600. I have it programmed 100% (I think), and it's running pretty well. The difference between this scanner and my analog is the audio. I recall reading something a while back about issues with the GRE and Uniden digital trunked scanners and them being incapable of providing 100% clear reception due to some kind of data or something being sent along with the TX. Anyway, if someone is familiar with the GRE PSR-600, and how some of the audio comes in garbled (not encrypted, I know what that is), please let me know what if anyting can be done. The firmware and software is up to date, and the signal I am receiving is from several county wide antennas, so thats not a problem. Final note, the poor quality comes on all talkgroups and can be right in the middle of a TX or conversation. Thanks RC
Sponsored links
Old 06-29-2011, 10:12 PM

Sometimes it is the radio system and not your scanner. If it happens once in a while it is the system. Is it a multi site system or a single site?
Old 06-29-2011, 10:18 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eng74 View Post
Sometimes it is the radio system and not your scanner. If it happens once in a while it is the system. Is it a multi site system or a single site?
Define mutli site. Do you mean multiple antenna towers? if so yes there are 4 in the county. Also they are currently simulcasting digital and analog I dont know if that has an issue. They are rebanding the system where it will be 100% digital. The scanners data is for P25 digital only though... I have not entered analog info.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:38 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

It sounds ok to me for the most part here in Michigan. Of course there is that simulcast distortion that may occur sometimes.

Most of Michigan is Simulcast here of course and lot of counties have gone digital.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:58 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

So I can count on it being fine once they quit simulcasting and go 100% digital?
Sponsored links
Old 06-30-2011, 7:18 AM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Oslo, most of Michigan does not use simulcast digital.

What system are you trying to listen to?
Old 06-30-2011, 8:30 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Rob,

His point was most of southeast Michigan (MSP District 2) is Simulcast on the MPSCS (St. Clair, Macomb, Wayne/Detroit, Monroe, Washtenaw)

Mike
Old 06-30-2011, 8:45 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Thumbs up psr600

I am trying to listen to New Hanover County's P25 system. They are transitioning to a rebanding of all radios to digital but until then analog is simulcast.... making me believe this may be the cause for the occasional poor audio. I will also attempt to place an 800Mhz Yagi and point it to my closest source hopefully alleviating any interference from other simulcast towers in the county. Any takes on that idea? Thanks