PSR-700 Data Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRScanner

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know where to get a replacement data cable, or at least a comparable USB cable?
Mine has someone gotten lost in spring cleaning.

I did not see one on the GRE site, only the 500.

Thanks.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I think GRE only offers two data cables, one connects to a serial port on the computer, the other to a USB port.

Does the data cable on the website look like the one that came with your scanner?

GRScanner

Premium Subscriber
I think GRE only offers two data cables, one connects to a serial port on the computer, the other to a USB port.

Does the data cable on the website look like the one that came with your scanner?

No, I have the PSR-500, I know what that cable looks like. The one for the 700 is strictly a USB cable with a mini plug on one end, all black with a small box that has GRECOM printed in red.

Thank you for checking Krokus, I am almost positive that GRE sells a replacement, just not listed on their site or easily found. I guess I'll have to send that email.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Or check with your local RadioShack and ask for the Catalog #: 20-107 (Pro-107) cable. They should be able to order it through RSU (computer inventory).

Progline

Premium Subscriber
GRscanner, that sounds like the one that was shipped in my PSR600 a couple of months ago....the cable was relatively short (shorter than the old one that RS sold), and only had the one plug (no adapter for the other type of plug).

GRScanner

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone...

I finally found the cable, it was in the box the scanner came, stashed away in another box, deep in the basement. This is how the wife cleans house, my stuff goes into a box which gets sent to the basement.

But aside from my marital problems, thank you everyone for the replies and thank you for pointing me toward Radio Shack. I don't often think of RS anymore when it comes to stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.