locked up PSR-800

Status
Not open for further replies.

captncarp

had it hooked to my pc checking for updates and some how I have it locked up with this on the screen:
uP Boot Ver:F1.0
uP App Ver: NONE

CPU SW Upgrade:
Waiting for USB

How do I get it unlocked and shut down so I can start over ?

mikey60

had it hooked to my pc checking for updates and some how I have it locked up with this on the screen:
uP Boot Ver:F1.0
uP App Ver: NONE

CPU SW Upgrade:
Waiting for USB

How do I get it unlocked and shut down so I can start over ?

If it's anything like the other GRE scanners, it looks like you need to try reloading the CPU firmware. Try doing that from the program that comes with the scanner and you should be ok.

Mike

Pap

Thats the same thing mine did. Brand new out of the box. I tried everything and could not get it giong. I contacted the dealer and they said send it back. they could fix it. When I got it back, It was A new scanner. They replaced it. No trouble since.

captncarp

I started a ticket early this morning......no response as of 1300. They are just coming to work on the West Coast., I don't expect a response before tonight here on the East Coast.

SCPD

QRT
That's the update CPU screen. You get there by powering on and holding the menu button. Either remove USB cable and batteries or just go through with the update using the software.

captncarp

the radio is locked on that screen. I tried unhooking USB cabel and to shut radio down I have to remove batteries. Left them out overnite and when I reinstalled them it went right back to the same screen and NO buttons work at all. If I tap the menu button I get a blink but the same screen comes right back. When I hook back to the PC and try to do a CPU Firmware update I get a message the update failed as the scanner is not detected at any port and update has timed out!

DonS

Leave the batteries out. Attach USB cable to scanner and computer. Windows should give its "device connected" sound. If it doesn't, the drivers for the scanner have not yet been installed.

If you get that sound, the included software should be able to find the scanner.

captncarp

All is right with the world thanks to u guys. Installed the drivers in a different PC and all went right along after that. All I had to do was set the clock.

SCPD

QRT
There must be a feature of the CPU that prevents the device from being bricked. Possibly if the CPU is missing or corrupted it will ask for a new version. Maybe DonS can comment on this?

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Glad you got it working.

I see your in the Hudson valley how does
It sound on the west point system ?

captncarp

Give me a day or two to listen to it. I will compare it to my old 96 that I use to listen to WP on. But I locked it out along time ago.....audio wasn't great and not much to listen to outside of Range Officers and Gate Guards. I never thought the audio was the Pro-96 as much as a lousy system . A while back someone on here was saying the Fire Dept. wanted out of the system. Just a rumour I guess.

editor58

Psr-800 bricked

the radio is locked on that screen. I tried unhooking USB cabel and to shut radio down I have to remove batteries. Left them out overnite and when I reinstalled them it went right back to the same screen and NO buttons work at all. If I tap the menu button I get a blink but the same screen comes right back. When I hook back to the PC and try to do a CPU Firmware update I get a message the update failed as the scanner is not detected at any port and update has timed out!

I have the same issue! 9-3-11 - Totally Bricked - Now shows NO previous software.Removed Batt, let it sit, the scanner was working fine until earlier when the stock 2gb Micro-SD became corrupted.I managed to get running and then decided to check for a firmware update. What was I thinking? The PSR-800 is SO unstable and is so complex that if were on the LEM, we'd have never landed on the moon. You have to walk on egg shells when working with this device.Power Down, Unplud USB, Power Up, Plug in USB, Don't do this, Don't do that. As an engineer, The ONLY thing that should stop this device is a bullet!

I'm impressed with the technology but frustrated with it's complete lack of robustness. I followed the Firmware update instruction to the letter, and I get a port error? This is Horse S**T. Now I have Update Failed NO DATA RECEIVED FROM THE SCANNER" Restart from step 1. Ca'mon If I wanted to Beta Test this scanner I would have signed the NDA. Sorry for venting but 48 hours with this EXPENSIVE device and I'm PO'd!

If anyone has a solution, I'd love to hear it GRE are you out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.