Directional Antenna PSR500 Simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonetm

So it seems there is no easy solution to monitoring a P25 simulcast system while mobile so I've just given up on mobile monitoring. I've heard a directional antenna will fix my problems any recommendation on how to build one or where to buy one. It's an 800mhz system

K9WG

I made a simple one with copper wire. Mounted it on a piece of plastic.

DSCN0126.jpg

DSCN0125.jpg

The elements can be calculated by using online Yagi calculators like:

Online Calculator .:. Yagi Uda Antenna

K9WG

It works well enough to null out the simucast from Indianapolis (I am 20 miles East of Indy). I wanted something simple that I could set on my desk. I have it "mounted" on one of those cheap desktop camera tripods that I got from the Everything's a Buck store.

WA6IJD

Premium Subscriber
Directional Array

I made one similar but made it so it mounts right on the connector.

N1BHH

What he is looking for is a MOBILE antenna, I use a couple that work quite well. The Antenex/Laird ABSCAN and the Larsen NMO-150/450/800. Both work well.

If a system is out of sync it will be a bit of a problem to overcome. I know I'm going to get people saying it doesn't happen, but it happens all the time.

You may want to check your roam settings, if you are talking about an 800 trunking system, you might want to check your AGC setting as well. Lots of this is quite experimental.

And yes, even a cheap ks pretty darned good for the money, I've done it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.