PSR-500/PSR-600 CPU Firmware U2.1 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Doesn't seem to be for the C versions, unless you're seeing something I'm not. The latest C version is U2.0 posted last July.

What was wrong with the search ranges that needed correction?

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't seem to be for the C versions, unless you're seeing something I'm not. The latest C version is U2.0 posted last July.

When I downloaded the file a few hours ago, the file name stated it was for both versions; perhaps they've corrected it now; who knows... These releases this time seems a little hap-hazard...

krokus

Premium Subscriber
will this work with rs pro-197 i think the gre psr-500 is the same is that correct

No. Operationally, they are the same, and can be programmed with the same softwares, but the firmware and DSP are not the same.

(This is based on multiple posts, on this system, stating the firmwares are not interchangeable.)

the_expatriate

Premium Subscriber
sequence for firmware?

I haven't kept up with the updates on the firmware. Can I just upload the most recent or do I need to upload the previously offered updates first?

scnnr

Jay I downloaded it yesterday and tried to update my PSR 500 C scanner and it was a no go.

K9WG

Why does it have 2 loaders in the zip file?I tried the first one on top and it crashed my firmware and got an error,The second on the bottem loaded just fine..
There is one for each of the two boot firmware versions that was "burned" into the radio from the factory. If you check the initial boot firmware version on your scanner it will tell you what verson of loader to use.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
New Update for Pro 106

downloaded on my Pro 106 fine. Seems to be working well

Hi remay,

Where were you able to find a new firmware version for the Pro106?

The last one I have is Ver 2.0 from a month ago on the Radio Shack website.

Do you have a link for a new one, what version is it?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.