error code 5-00

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
Just took my GRE-800 out of the box. Radio worked fine. Did all the upgrades including the formating the sd card which was probably my mistake and now get error code 5-00. Did all the steps for this code in the user manual with no success. Don't want to but I'm ready to return the radio. Any suggestions??

jackj

If you have another microSD card then try it. Did you use the EZScan software to format the card? If not then put the card in a card reader and use the program to format it with the options to copy the library and scanner configuration to the card.

AirScan1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I think he right , another sd card might work, and the PC firmware on here for that scanner.
by the gid you check the comtacts on the card? there is a spring loaded in the scanner you have to push the sd card all the way in until you gear a click.

w5gxl

I have reformatted the card 3 times.. I have switched to a New card and reformatted that too... I still get the 5-00 code..
At one time I was able to call Grecom and get help. How do I call them now?
Please help otherwise I have a black brick ... Gerrrrr

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
The error you mention usually happens because of a corrupted or improper vesion CONFIG__.BIN file.

First off I'd check to see if you are running at least Version 1.06 of the programming software to make certain that you are writing the proper CONFIG__.BIN file onto the SD card. You can still, so far, go to the GRE site and download a copy of the current software if you needit. I'd then do a re-install of the software to make certain that it was actually installed properly and you didn't just happen to have had a glitch thefirst time around. The next thing I'd do would be to check that the micro SD card to SD card adapter connections, SD card to USB writer adapter connections are all good. After doing that I'd first use the previously recomended 3rd party SD card formating software to do an initial formatting followed by doing the scanner software's prepare scanner memory, SD card for use using the "Quick Format" option followed by writing the scanner programing options to the card. I'd also do that to both the original MicroSD card & whatever brand MicroSD card you've bought as a `replacement' for the original as a sort of `belt-n-suspenders' scenario.

w5gxl

IT WORKS !!!!!

Thank you for your ideas... you just saved me $500 as I was ready to pitch the brick in the creek...
73 Dean W5GXL

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
The SD Card came with the PSR800 it crapped out in like in 3 months. I had to reformat it a few times cause too many errors. I got a new card a few months ago and I haven't had any problems with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.