RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > GRE Scanners

GRE Scanners A forum for the discussion of all GRE branded scanning radios and receivers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 1:07 AM
Señor Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Bummer. This is turning into a discussion for the Texas regional forum. JRR4607 - please post any observations to the Texas forum. Things like:
Which conventional channels are active?
Is the P25 control channel live?
Again, please feel free to start a new topic in the Texas forum. Some of the Waco area regulars might know something.
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2013, 1:28 AM

Unitrunker, what do you mean by bummer If you are not aware of this it was posted in the Texas form. and for you being a senior member you should have known it was posted there you should be helping not being rude. this goes to show what kind of person you are thanks for your help.
Old 01-01-2013, 1:34 AM

Thanks for everyone's help but can we please move this to the Texas form where it was already posted.
Old 01-01-2013, 7:57 AM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Are you really ripping on people trying to help you, in the midst of the help?
Old 01-01-2013, 8:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR4607 View Post
Thanks for everyone's help but can we please move this to the Texas form where it was already posted.
That thread is closed
Sponsored links

Old 01-01-2013, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaGuy1603 View Post
That thread is closed
Thanks i did not know it was closed I just opend a new one.
Old 01-01-2013, 2:29 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default LLV VHF Trunking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR4607 View Post
Unitrunker,
They may be haveing problems again. and when back to conventional channels.
According to a representative of GRE, the PSR 500 will not effectively decode VHF P25 trunking systems, "The thing that everyone needs to remember is that the PSR-500 was never really designed to be a control channel decoding radio, so extended packet functionality was not really a requirement. It does have everything it needs to track group and private calls, which is basically what it is designed to do."

I analyzed the Woodway system using several methods, some might be a bit unconventional, but I succeeded nevertheless. I found the Woodway CC's by examining the call signs for Woodway Fire and PD. A CC or AC exists for both call signs.

I would examine all of the call signs for LLV, both fire and LE. Then, I would place the raw frequencies in a scan list and see if a CC emerges. Of course, you could also do a search.

Bearcom installed this system. In fact, I believe the NAC is the same as the one for Woodway. I would also look at any FCC action initiated by them to fix the radio system. I've not heard trunking from LLV in quite some time. Previously, I was hearing them fine in the Woodway area.

Although the Pro96Com does not effectively analyze VHF P25 trunking giving the listener all of the parameters, you can identify the operating frequencies, provided you have a CC.

So, I recommend starting from the call sign and working yourself upward, "Onward through the fog." To me, it is like fishing. You have to be patient for a bite. If you have close call, drive near the PD and fire it up. You might then hear the operating frequency. Some posts have talked about a radio tower. If you know the address, drive over and close call. I live too far away to analyze this system.