P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to program lacy Lakeview PD. What control channel will I'll use. The 1 I'm using now is. 159.24750. But I'm not hearing anything do I have to program all of the frequencies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to program lacy Lakeview PD. What control channel will I'll use. The 1 I'm using now is. 159.24750. But I'm not hearing anything do I have to program all of the frequencies.
Looks like you're trying to program this system: Lacy-Lakeview Public Services System Trunking System, Lacy-Lakeview, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Since the actual control channels aren't noted, I would enter all four of the frequencies shown on that page: 154.3550, 155.0550, 159.1500, and 159.2475. Once you identify which ones are being used as control channels, then submit that information to the database. If all of the control channels had been identified, and noted as "primary" & "alternate", then that's all that would be needed. But these are not identified so enter all of them. (Look at Woodway's system and you'll see in that case, the frequencies are identified.)

For the Lacy-Lakeview system, only one talkgroup, for Police dispatch, is listed, but other users are noted in the system details. So, you would want to set the system up with a group wildcard in the GRE object oriented scanners (PSR-500, -600; Radio Shack Pro-106, -197). (For a Uniden digital scanner, you'd use "ID Search mode".)

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
I have use 1 of the frequencies that Sounds to be the Control channel. Enter it in Monitor it for about 1 hour did not hear anything. Then I went and entered all of them still I have not heard anything.

rakibby

can't hear anything if they don't talk. if it's not a big town they might not talk much. I live in a town of 10,000 and we have 12 officers and it can be hours before ill hear anything.

sent from somewhere in the cornfields of mild earth

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Understood, however RRDB says they are in the clear.

kma371

QRT

what scanner are you using?

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
The PSR500 should work fine on Lacy Lakeview (mine does). You may need a firmware update.

This is what my Firmware is
up boot ver:F1.1
up appl ver:U2.1
dsp app ver:1.4
dsp voc ver:F1.0

i think i have it up to date.

M_T

They might have everything encrypted

As a former user of that radio system, I can assure you that they are not using encryption. That system is supposed to be a 4 channel Motorola Astro 25 Express system Installed by Bearcom. Lacy-Lakeview Police use XTS25OO portables. I'm not sure what their mobiles are. Texas State Technical College Waco PD used XTS1500 Portables and XTL1500 Mobiles.

LLPD&FD Uses 3800 Series Badge numbers, TSTC PD uses 1100 Series badge number, and Connally ISD PD uses 3100 Series Badge Numbers. TSTC PD has their own dispatch 8am to 5pm Monday - Friday. The rest of the time and on holidays, they are dispatched by Lacy-Lakeview. Connally ISD PD is also Dispatched by Lacy-Lakeview.

Sundays are very slow for both Police departments.

TSTC PD and Lacy-Lakeview PD run a lot of calls together, or at least they used to.

Also does anyone know when or if someone will have a live feed of this system? It would be nice to listen in once in a while!

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for this information I did not know they were on this system. According to Unitrunker I should be picking it up with my scanner. I have the PSR 500. I have found the control channel It is 159.2457. It shows to be the P 25 system. But I can't pick anything up. So after searching for a whole day I found that I'm hearing lacy Lakeview on 159.3225.ct 100.0. that is not even in the database and this is not even digital.

M_T

It is possible that they are having problems with the system again. When it first came online it was getting interference from other VHF systems in the area. This cause a ton of coverage issues and issues of not being able to transmit. The system eventually crashed due the the interference. Bearcom had to instal filters on the receive side to correct the issue, but the system did not come back online for several months.

I checked the fcc web site. The license shows the following frequencies assigned to the system.

Due to the City of Woodway having issues with their VHF P25 TRS, they may be working on both systems and re assigning frequencies.]

They should have just joined they 800Mhz TxWarn System. I had told one of the Higher Ups that we should go to the 800'S but, he is one of those know it all's and thinks that we wouldn't have had any kind of rang on the system. With the VHF you have poor in building coverage especially in the heavy buildings on the TSTC Campus and Connally ISD. If Some agencies are getting by with one 800mhz tower and some counties like Williamson County are only using 4 towers for a county larger than McLennan County, I believe LLPD&FD, TSTC PD, Woodway Public Safety, and Hewitt PD&FD could Have went to a 800 system and been just fine.

I would like to have seen them do like the city of Richardson Texas. They went with a 4 site, 8 channel Cassidian Communications 800Mhz TRS. They have 95% coverage on portable radios at the hip inside all buildings in their city. They also saved so much money by going with Cassidian Communications that they were able to purchase all Motorola APX Radios for their system users and still came in well under budget. Here is a link to how they did it. http://www.cassidiancommunications.com/pdf/RichardsonProcurementArticle_ApprovedReprint_072512.pdf ..... All Agencies in McLennan County could have gotten together and done the same thing as the city of Richardson.

Last edited:

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
I have put all of those frequencies in and still can't pick anything up. only frequency I pick them up on is 159.3225 and it is very poor. I have no problem picking up woodway Hewitt and Lorena.

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker,
They may be haveing problems again. and when back to conventional channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.