PSR-800 Firmware U1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
New U1.8 firmware is available for the PSR-800.

Version U1.8 - January 15, 2013
Added ability to decode APCO Project 25 Phase 2 TDMA voice channels. This version must only be used in conjunction with DSP firmware version U1.3 or later.

When this version is installed, the uP Appl Ver line on the version screen (accessed by pressing the MENU when the welcome message is displayed after a power up) will show as version 1.8.

When a Phase 2 talkgroup is active, the scanner will display "D2" instead of "DG".

We recommend ensuring the sites on a P25 Phase 2 system be set to Auto-Fill mode. This will allow the scanner to automatically set the information needed to track the system from the control channel data stream. Don't use "custom tables" for Phase 2 systems unless you really know what you're doing.

Added support for decoding of radio ID and priority channel detection since the release of Beta 2.

Fixed issue in the Beta 2 versions with the scanner not returning to the control channel when a Phase 2 transmission ends when the other time slot is in use on the same frequency.

substitute

Changelog for new PSR-800 software?

Today my firmware updated to CPU: 1.8, DSP, 1.3 and the application updated to 1.08 build 286.

Anyone have a changelog for these updates? I don't see updates on the company's site etc.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Don't forget to also update the software ("PC Application") to v1.8, in addition to DSP and CPU updates.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Today my firmware updated to CPU: 1.8, DSP, 1.3 and the application updated to 1.08 build 286.

Anyone have a changelog for these updates? I don't see updates on the company's site etc.

Check for PC Application updates again, and then click on the View Release Notes button.

Version 1.08 - January 15, 2013
New Features:

• Fixed issue in library import where some Motorola talkgroups would be displayed as Motorola Type I style talkgroups even when the system was Type II.
  • Added support for P25 Phase 2 trunking table settings for CPU Version 1.8.
  • Added option on the Audio Tab to read and playback the audio files that have been copied to the computer's hard drive.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a delete process bug when deleting multiple objects from the conventional channels tab.

Swipesy

My initial reaction to this upgrade is that there is no way to go back to the original factory default of 1.6 should this upgrade be troublesome. It seems GRE does not give you these updates in a separate zip file like they used to on PSR 500 updates. I have looked on my PC thinking it may be buried somewhere but I can't find it if it is there.

Last edited:

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Guys, I checked the GRE website and i do not see any update dated January 2013. Can someone provide a link, Please?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Guys, I checked the GRE website and i do not see any update dated January 2013. Can someone provide a link, Please?

You don't download it from the GRE website, you get it through the EZ Scan software.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
i have a major problem with EZ scan, every time i try to check updates using EZ scan i get "error connecting to internet" I have no problem connecting to the internet. I really give up on this software.

Very poor decision on GRE part not letting DonS provide real software for this radio. I'm about to sell my PSR800, good performer, but very poor software

vince48.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Go to Updates then Configure Proxy Server and make sure the Enable Proxy Server Support box is not checked, then try updating again.

bfletcher

Premium Subscriber
It's working great for me on X2, Phase 2, and legacy systems....

Thanks GRE!

:D

If 1.8 is good enough for troymail then it's certainly good enough for me; he was one of the first to help anwser some initial questions regarding my PSR-800. And given that my most recent scanner prior to this was an AR 1000XLT I need all the help I can get ;)

jackj

The instructions are included in the ZIP file you download. They include instructions on how to roll back to the previous version. Remember that this is a beta version and not factory supported.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The instructions are included in the ZIP file you download. They include instructions on how to roll back to the previous version. Remember that this is a beta version and not factory supported.

It's not in beta anymore, this is an official release.

Status
Not open for further replies.