RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > GRE Scanners

GRE Scanners A forum for the discussion of all GRE branded scanning radios and receivers.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 11:51 AM
Ramathorne's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NS
Posts: 142
Default Remaining In-Stock Inventory GRE PSR800

Anyone know where I can pick one of these up?
Must ship to Canada!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 11:59 AM
Jay911's Avatar
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bragg Creek, Alberta
Posts: 6,718
Default

Scanner Master shows them in stock, though their website has been waffling on GRE products for the past month or so. By the time you click the link, they might show no stock.

GRE PSR-800 Police Scanner
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Ramathorne's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NS
Posts: 142
Default

Yeah I was talking to them and there are OOS as of today
Not sure if they will be getting anymore or not, they may even find some more in inventory the way they work there lol...
But the price is a bit steep as they were $479 on a lot of sites before things went south with GRE
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 12:07 PM
n8zcc's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Oakland, Michigan
Posts: 190
Default

AES might be your best bet, they show inventory in all stores. Don't know about shipping to Canada but I don't know why they would not.
__________________
73 de n8zcc

Bytes are cheap so drop those acronyms.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 12:23 PM
RDGDigital's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MD - Eastern Shore
Posts: 104
Default

GRE PSR-800 | E-Z SCAN ZIP CODE & PREPROGRAMMED DIGITAL SCANNER
Ham Radio Outlet has them in stock at several of their locations for $549.95 and they ship internationally, however they request that you call them first.

GRE PSR800: Ham & Amateur Radios - Equipment, Parts and Supply | AES
Amateur Electronic Supply has them in stock for $$499.99 and they also ship internationally. They request you contact them via email ( info@aesham.com ) for complete details.

https://www.scannermaster.com/GRE_PS.../30-501608.htm
Scanner Master has them in stock for $599.95 however I haven't found any information on their web site in regards to international shipping.

The way these are selling I wouldn't expect them to be available much longer.
__________________
Rick
PSR-800, Pro-197, Pro-106, Pro-30
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 3:46 PM
morrisr3nd's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 158
Default

Here is used one:

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/ele/3549695413.html

Maybe they will ship it to you.
__________________
Call on his name "JESUS" and he will answer you.

Ronnie
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 4:16 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
   
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8zcc View Post
AES might be your best bet, they show inventory in all stores. Don't know about shipping to Canada but I don't know why they would not.
AES has less than 20 now at the orlando store, sales this week have been brisk
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 6:38 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: N.C
Posts: 303
Default

Try Ebay if thy will ship to Canada.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2013, 5:48 AM
LesWurk's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Land of RF
Posts: 121
Default

did you try Radioworld?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Temporarily Banned
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pimp County, Neveda
Posts: 1,051
Default

Please everybody dont spend 600 bucks for the GRE PSR 800 it is not worth it. This scanner chews up batteries like there is no tomorrow. I bought one of these radios a year ago and sold it 1 month later. I paid about 425.00 for the radio and it still was not worth it. Now scanner master has them for 600.00 bucks what a rip off.

Please everybody don't let this highway robbery to keep continuing. Just wait for a while and there are going to be some new models coming down the pipe soon this year. Dont get me wrong I love GRE and I have the GRE PSR 600 and the Radio Shack Pro 106.......

These prices are just way to out of control. You will pay 600 bucks for a scanner and you will go through batteries like crazy. I even bought really expensive batteries and a really high end commerical grade charger which helped but not much.....

And also it does not come with any batteries and neither an A/C power cord either. What a rip. Also you will have to spend another 20 bucks for a better antenna too because the stock one sucks.....
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2013, 12:36 PM
bonk83's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Union,SC
Posts: 169
Default

try shopwiscomm.com psr-800 for $459.99 but it don't say in or out of stock ships worldwide
toll free usa 866-579-1222 worldwide 262-649-1041

they are out of stock also
__________________
Radio Shack Pro-94,Pro-197,Pro-2018,Pro-2044 / Win500
Uniden BC355N / Regency ACT-R-106 / Antenna Craft ST-2

Last edited by bonk83; 02-01-2013 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: info
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2013, 1:02 PM
safetyobc's Avatar
Forums Moderator
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: South Arkansas
Posts: 3,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsima1 View Post
Please everybody dont spend 600 bucks for the GRE PSR 800 it is not worth it. This scanner chews up batteries like there is no tomorrow. I bought one of these radios a year ago and sold it 1 month later. I paid about 425.00 for the radio and it still was not worth it. Now scanner master has them for 600.00 bucks what a rip off.

Please everybody don't let this highway robbery to keep continuing. Just wait for a while and there are going to be some new models coming down the pipe soon this year. Dont get me wrong I love GRE and I have the GRE PSR 600 and the Radio Shack Pro 106.......

These prices are just way to out of control. You will pay 600 bucks for a scanner and you will go through batteries like crazy. I even bought really expensive batteries and a really high end commerical grade charger which helped but not much.....

And also it does not come with any batteries and neither an A/C power cord either. What a rip. Also you will have to spend another 20 bucks for a better antenna too because the stock one sucks.....
I disagree. I love my 800. I get long battery life. Works great. I recommend it. I also like the BCD396XT so I am not just a GRE guy.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2013, 1:43 PM
Temporarily Banned
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pimp County, Neveda
Posts: 1,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetyobc View Post
I disagree. I love my 800. I get long battery life. Works great. I recommend it. I also like the BCD396XT so I am not just a GRE guy.
I spent huge bucks on buying POWEREX batteries and a commerical grade charger and maybe got 4 to 5 hours max maybe if I kept the light disabled and alet LED lights and sometimes less. I even read on the forum about changing the voltage settings and it did not help. Also, had to have GRE ship me a new faceplate because the paint wore off in the first couple of hours programming the new scanner. On my PRO 106 with the same POWEREX batteries I get 12 to 15 hours with no problems and sometimes more depending on the life of the batteries. Thats a real radio hands down.

Trust me I have owned both so there is nobody out there that can dis-agree with me. Just save your money for a new updated one coming soon.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2013, 2:16 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Preble County Ohio
Posts: 64
Default

Okay; I will not disagree but I've had my PSR-800 for about 1 month now and I get greater than 15 hours of use from my NiMH batteries--backlight on, LED on, record on, volume cranked. On two instances where I lost power at 4-5 hours it was because one battery drained prematurely. I conditioned it and then it worked fine. And I suspect the battery alert values have nothing to do with the actual current drain. Brian
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2013, 2:28 PM
TES's Avatar
TES TES is offline
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: America's High Plains
Posts: 698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsima1 View Post
. . . I have owned both so there is nobody out there that can dis-agree (sic) with me. . . .
Really?

I disagree.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2013, 3:14 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fremont NE
Posts: 1,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsima1 View Post
Please everybody dont spend 600 bucks for the GRE PSR 800 it is not worth it.
well, if your county/agency is using tdma, or x2 tdma, and you want to listen to them, then the psr 800 is your ONLY option. And to say "its not worth it" is just 1 persons opinion..

i cant understand the battery complaint. I use energizer rechargables from wal mart, with my universal charger i bought from radio shack 10 years ago. (nothing special) I use my psr 800 with the light on regularly (set to 30 seconds) and ALWAYS recording. the batteries in my psr 800 last just as long as they do in my psr 500.

ill admit though, i was a little disappointed with this being the first GRE scanner that doesnt include an a/c adapter.
__________________
Uniden BCD396XT, BCD396T, BC125AT, BC700A, Radio Shack Pro-83, Motorola HT1000, 4 Motorola JT1000s

Last edited by SquierStrat; 02-01-2013 at 3:21 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2013, 4:10 PM
NWI_Scanner_Guy's Avatar
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Northwest Indiana (Hammond)
Posts: 1,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsima1 View Post
I spent huge bucks on buying POWEREX batteries and a commerical grade charger and maybe got 4 to 5 hours max maybe if I kept the light disabled and alet LED lights and sometimes less. I even read on the forum about changing the voltage settings and it did not help. Also, had to have GRE ship me a new faceplate because the paint wore off in the first couple of hours programming the new scanner. On my PRO 106 with the same POWEREX batteries I get 12 to 15 hours with no problems and sometimes more depending on the life of the batteries. Thats a real radio hands down.

Trust me I have owned both so there is nobody out there that can dis-agree with me. Just save your money for a new updated one coming soon.
Oh? I've owned both and I can disagree with you.

__________________
I have a lot of radios...too many nowadays to list
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2013, 4:19 PM
Jay911's Avatar
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bragg Creek, Alberta
Posts: 6,718
Default

Well, I consider myself one of the bigger critics of the 800's battery life, because for the longest time, I couldn't get more than an hour or two out of the radio, regardless of the battery type, length on charge, backlight settings, volume level, or any other variables. However, as of firmware 1.8, I finally seem to be able to last at least a "day" (~12 hours) of use. So those of you above who are upset with battery life, update to the latest firmware & DSP, and give it another shot.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2013, 7:22 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern Vermont
Posts: 50
Default PSR-800 Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramathorne View Post
Anyone know where I can pick one of these up?
Must ship to Canada!
Boy, I guess I'm lucky that I got the HRO sale price of $379 with no tax and free shipping, November 2012.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2013, 7:32 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
   
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay911 View Post
Well, I consider myself one of the bigger critics of the 800's battery life, because for the longest time, I couldn't get more than an hour or two out of the radio, regardless of the battery type, length on charge, backlight settings, volume level, or any other variables. However, as of firmware 1.8, I finally seem to be able to last at least a "day" (~12 hours) of use. So those of you above who are upset with battery life, update to the latest firmware & DSP, and give it another shot.
The biggest battery drainer is the speaker volume and the backlight. The LED's draw less than 1/4 of what the speaker and the backlight does.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions