PSR Custom table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curfew

I use the PSR-500 straight without a computer. Here in South Carolina rebanding has taken place where the control channels have been moved to the 850 MHZ range. I am able to track most of the metro/county systems still in light of this with exception to a few counties where when the new control channel freqs are trunked all i see is the talkgroup and no audio.

In the PSR-500 in the TSYS menu there is a option for default- splinter, and custom tables. I need someone who knows how to figure lo and hi channels, step, and offset for a Custom table- i think this is what is going on anyway. I have looked at the current FCC data on the system and it is the following-

853.7125 Primary Control Channel
852.95 Alternate Control Channel

I think i remember reading somewhere if you have any frequencies in a system that are 5's and the rest are something else- it will not track without a custom table arrangement. Someone who knows how to work this one out will gladly be appreciated. Thanks....

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Object Oriented Scanner Software - The RadioReference Wiki

While this article is geared toward those using software to program their PSR-500 (or equivalent) radios, the data needed to input for the custom rebanded tables is provided. So you should set the TSYS object to "Custom" and enter the two lines of table data listed on this wiki page. It can be a tricky operation.

You can also disregard the frequencies in your list between 866-869MHz - those were used before rebanding and are not in use now. You only need to program the two frequencies in your list that are indicated as Control Channels.

Good luck (from a fellow SC hobbiest).

Brian

Curfew

Thanks Brian. I did not know they did away with the high 860's. I will see what i can come up with...

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
That's what rebanding is all about, relocating the 866-869MHz frequencies 15MHz lower to 851-854MHz. And they change the "channel numbering" as well, which is why the custom tables are required. The licenses you see with both 851-854 and 866-869 are "transitional" in that they cover the site before and after rebanding. At some point, the 866-869 freqs will be dropped from the licenses, but they are no longer in actual use once rebanding of a site is completed. Most if not all Palmetto 800 sites have been rebanded, but we haven't received listener confirmation for all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.