RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > GRE Scanners

GRE Scanners A forum for the discussion of all GRE branded scanning radios and receivers.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 7:22 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TES View Post
Would both of those warnings have been directed to the same name or two of the different names I see being tossed around?

Hmmmmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman316 View Post
OK, GRE has never held or made the database. all they do is get it from Radioreference before they ship scanners to consumers.

Radioreference makes and has the database on their servers.

when you use the EZ-SCAN software, you download the database from Radioreference servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmahoney View Post
OK, Listen, they confirmed that not even the PSR-800 goes through anybody's private server anymore. It's all handled from Radio Reference.

What I was told makes perfect sense because no individual has any rights to update any scanner privately from what I was told. And this carries over into what I said about IP rights. No individual has any rights to do anything with the software, scanners or anything privately PERIOD.

I don't know If I am right or not but someone is trying to defend himself in here and it's not working with me.
Sponsored links
Old 07-16-2013, 7:23 PM
Founder and CEO
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Folks, GRE's scanner business is dead. Out of business. Done. Those of you that question my assertion need to step back, look inward, and realize that you are throwing pennies into the well. There is no reason to beat this horse further.

If the intellectual property behind GRE's scanners makes a emergence with another entity that will be great news for the hobby. Otherwise, we're just awaiting a press release.

I'm closing this thread....
Old 07-17-2013, 11:53 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmahoney View Post
If you want people to buy it, then you don't need to broadcast it it in a public forum such as Craig was doing.
If I could somehow prove positive that you're trolling you'd be gone (or gone again?). Seeing remarks like this I have to shake my head. I think enough has been said to the validity of Craig and Don. I've never said anything about my involvement with GRE (due to an NDA at the time) but a small amount of people are riding the paranoia plane putting out those brainwashing contrails. I worked a lot with both Don and Craig on the GRE-500 project, worked with Craig previously on the PRO-96, and can attest to him being what made the GRE radios the quality they were. Notice the difference between the PRO-96 and the older GRE scanners? That's because of Craig.

And alexmahoney.. you cause one more dust up and I won't need a reason to ban you. You're pissing off enough members and that's enough for me.
Please follow the forum rules and contact a moderator directly, not via a thread.
Closed Thread