Where did the my “T” go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hey everyone I was using my PSR 800 to scan a trunk system and that “T" you get in the centre of the screen wasn't there. It was really weird I tried going to default values.....and that didn't work, then it finally worked for a few minutes and then it finally started flashing then it stopped again anybody got any ideas????

troymail

Silent Key
So many possibilities --

Signal drop out?
Change in control channel (frequencies)?
--- do you have only CC freqs programmed? Maybe the change is going to one of the normally "voice" frequencies....
Temporary system failure?
Interference?

How many trunked systems are programmed/active?
Do any have a large number of "sites" (programmed in your radio)?

What squelch setting do you have?

Conventional frequencies?

This could happen more often then you know - you just happened to see it this time.

Really hard to know -- if you have CCDump logs enabled, they might tell you something (or not).

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
As Iowa says - it may be (worth the) time to reformat your SD card. I know I have seem cases where one or more systems just don't lock on and a reformat/reload of the card made a difference.

troymail

Silent Key
Troymail do you think if I did both firmware updates that might help?

It might - try which ever one is easier for you and see what happens. If that doesn't work, try the secondary option... your call.

Removal/reinsert of the SD is another trick along with removing all power (including batteries for a minute or so).

Have you lost reception of the system entirely at this point?

Is the load of the system on your scanner a direct / full import from the library (all frequencies or only CCs)?

IowaGuy1603

The 800 is so fusy

I have had one of mine for 18 months and never really had a problem ..............the other one for almost a year now and absolutely no problems with it

Yesterday I used a different V-Scanner folder and when I went back to the "normal" folder the normal one had no frequencies..................

I loaded the "spare" card that I carry in my wallet and all was well.

The scanner is a mini computer.............treat it like one with backups, rebooting and a bit of TLC and you will be ok.

SCPD

QRT
I have had one of mine for 18 months and never really had a problem ..............the other one for almost a year now and absolutely no problems with it

Yesterday I used a different V-Scanner folder and when I went back to the "normal" folder the normal one had no frequencies..................

I loaded the "spare" card that I carry in my wallet and all was well.

The scanner is a mini computer.............treat it like one with backups, rebooting and a bit of TLC and you will be ok.

That's a good idea that you keep it in your wallet never know whan you will need a spare SD card especailly on the go!

jackj

I've had the same problem on a 700 MHz trunked system. The 'T' only flashes intermittently using the RS-800 MHz antenna but it is on pretty solid using my outside discone. The tower is about 7 miles from me and should be solid. I think my problem is signal related, either interference or just a weak signal.

SCPD

QRT
Yeah usaully I get no T when I'm near a cell site of something. I'm used to that but when this happend I was surprised and the same thing happen this morning but I got it working I wonder if it is an attenna isssue? Because I have 3 antennas and I change them constenly

Status
Not open for further replies.