RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > GRE Scanners

GRE Scanners A forum for the discussion of all GRE branded scanning radios and receivers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 7:31 PM

Default Programing help needed

I have jacked something up bad! I went into software for the first time and attempted to load my selections. Well that was a bad decision! Everything appeared to transfer but once I turned on scanner and hit scan, I got a message stating nothing to scan. So I did something incorrect with folders etc I assume. I went in on scanner menu and loaded manually my channels and I have some channels again but not all. Card doesn't seem to be corrupt.. Please advise, I missing something with folders as the data is transferring.
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2013, 7:38 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman1 View Post
I have jacked something up bad! I went into software for the first time and attempted to load my selections. Well that was a bad decision! Everything appeared to transfer but once I turned on scanner and hit scan, I got a message stating nothing to scan. So I did something incorrect with folders etc I assume. I went in on scanner menu and loaded manually my channels and I have some channels again but not all. Card doesn't seem to be corrupt.. Please advise, I missing something with folders as the data is transferring.

Can you give us a couple of hints?

(1) What scanner you are talking about.

(2) What software you are talking about.

Old 09-24-2013, 7:40 PM

Psr-800, standard software
Old 09-24-2013, 11:26 PM

When you insert the card into your PC, use the software to PREPARE THE SD CARD. Do a format, and uncheck QUICK FORMAT.
Then go ahead and tell it to load everything.
Remember, you have to associate scan lists with scan sets or nothing will scan.
Old 09-25-2013, 6:20 PM

Thanks for the responses. I don't have a SD card slot on my computer so I must use the USB and leave the card in the scanner. I'm a MAC user so all I have for a windows based computer is a Window 7 basic laptop. I basically gave up today and manually loaded the scanner using the scanners menu. All is we'll again but I'm missing the opportunity to dial it down more with the software. Any suggestions are welcome . I seem to get around with the software without issue, my problem is where or how it's loading in the scanner. Once I download do I have to go back into the scanner and place checks by scan list etc? I was under the impression that what you load from the software is what you get on the scanner without any additional actions. I don't understand v folders or how or why to use them effectively just yet.

Last edited by Fatman1; 09-25-2013 at 6:22 PM.. Reason: Spelling error
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2013, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman1 View Post
Thanks for the responses. I don't have a SD card slot on my computer so I must use the USB and leave the card in the scanner. I'm a MAC user so all I have for a windows based computer is a Window 7 basic laptop. I basically gave up today and manually loaded the scanner using the scanners menu. All is we'll again but I'm missing the opportunity to dial it down more with the software. Any suggestions are welcome . I seem to get around with the software without issue, my problem is where or how it's loading in the scanner. Once I download do I have to go back into the scanner and place checks by scan list etc? I was under the impression that what you load from the software is what you get on the scanner without any additional actions. I don't understand v folders or how or why to use them effectively just yet.
Go buy a card reader at Wally World for $5

It will make your life SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo much easier

Targus TGR-MSD500 USB 2.0 SD Card Reader - Walmart.com
Old 09-26-2013, 6:17 AM

I will get one and give that a try.
Old 09-26-2013, 6:28 AM
Wiki Admin Emeritus
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

And this might also help

Easier to Read PSR800 Digital Scanner Manual

Mike
Old 10-05-2013, 9:24 PM

Wink

I'm slowly getting better at this process. Practice , guess work and numerous errors finally seems to be paying off.
Sponsored links

Old 10-06-2013, 4:58 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

You will get that message if you don't have any scanlists "turned on" Verify that you have at least one scanlist checked.
Old 10-06-2013, 6:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

A V scanner folder is a entire configuration in itself. You can have 200 virtual scanners within one radio. This radio and it's design and software is simply genius!!!
Uniden 536HP