Programing help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatman1

I have jacked something up bad! I went into software for the first time and attempted to load my selections. Well that was a bad decision! Everything appeared to transfer but once I turned on scanner and hit scan, I got a message stating nothing to scan. So I did something incorrect with folders etc I assume. I went in on scanner menu and loaded manually my channels and I have some channels again but not all. Card doesn't seem to be corrupt.. Please advise, I missing something with folders as the data is transferring.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have jacked something up bad! I went into software for the first time and attempted to load my selections. Well that was a bad decision! Everything appeared to transfer but once I turned on scanner and hit scan, I got a message stating nothing to scan. So I did something incorrect with folders etc I assume. I went in on scanner menu and loaded manually my channels and I have some channels again but not all. Card doesn't seem to be corrupt.. Please advise, I missing something with folders as the data is transferring.

Can you give us a couple of hints?

(1) What scanner you are talking about.

(2) What software you are talking about.

scosgt

When you insert the card into your PC, use the software to PREPARE THE SD CARD. Do a format, and uncheck QUICK FORMAT.
Then go ahead and tell it to load everything.
Remember, you have to associate scan lists with scan sets or nothing will scan.

Fatman1

Thanks for the responses. I don't have a SD card slot on my computer so I must use the USB and leave the card in the scanner. I'm a MAC user so all I have for a windows based computer is a Window 7 basic laptop. I basically gave up today and manually loaded the scanner using the scanners menu. All is we'll again but I'm missing the opportunity to dial it down more with the software. Any suggestions are welcome . I seem to get around with the software without issue, my problem is where or how it's loading in the scanner. Once I download do I have to go back into the scanner and place checks by scan list etc? I was under the impression that what you load from the software is what you get on the scanner without any additional actions. I don't understand v folders or how or why to use them effectively just yet.

Last edited:

IowaGuy1603

Thanks for the responses. I don't have a SD card slot on my computer so I must use the USB and leave the card in the scanner. I'm a MAC user so all I have for a windows based computer is a Window 7 basic laptop. I basically gave up today and manually loaded the scanner using the scanners menu. All is we'll again but I'm missing the opportunity to dial it down more with the software. Any suggestions are welcome . I seem to get around with the software without issue, my problem is where or how it's loading in the scanner. Once I download do I have to go back into the scanner and place checks by scan list etc? I was under the impression that what you load from the software is what you get on the scanner without any additional actions. I don't understand v folders or how or why to use them effectively just yet.
Go buy a card reader at Wally World for $5

It will make your life SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo much easier

Targus TGR-MSD500 USB 2.0 SD Card Reader - Walmart.com

jeffrykeen

Premium Subscriber
You will get that message if you don't have any scanlists "turned on" Verify that you have at least one scanlist checked.

AC2OY

A V scanner folder is a entire configuration in itself. You can have 200 virtual scanners within one radio. This radio and it's design and software is simply genius!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.