PSR 500 Belt clip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4BOZ

Premium Subscriber
Are belt clips for the 500 unavailable now? I've called the number that's been posted on this forum along with emailing GRE and haven't received a response. Does anyone know of another way of getting ahold of a replacement belt clip?

Thanks!

IowaGuy1603

Are belt clips for the 500 unavailable now? I've called the number that's been posted on this forum along with emailing GRE and haven't received a response. Does anyone know of another way of getting ahold of a replacement belt clip?

Thanks!

Wait a few months until Whistler/GRE gets rolling -----Maybe they will re-open the GRE office that has been empty for several months

krokus

Premium Subscriber
The "old" GRE has left the radio market, and the facility closed. Whistler was mentioned, due the recent announcement that Whistler has purchased the rights to the GRE stuff, and is entering the scanner market.

If you cannot wait, you could try ordering the belt clip for a RadioShack Pro-197, which uses the same clip. ScannerMaster offers a leather case for the radio, which has a clip, too.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber

Attachments

• Motorola Belt Clip Mod.jpg
    Motorola Belt Clip Mod.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 672

oesjmr

Premium Subscriber
My clip broke a couple of months ago. Everywhere I checked was out of stock, so I just ended up ordering a leather case for it.

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
Get a Motorola clip # NTN8266B. It slides in perfectly. There is a small hole in the retaining spring. Drill a hole that size and location in the case. Put a 4/40 x 1/4" screw thru the hole from inside the radio case, a nut on the back side of case to hold it in. Then slide the clip in place and let the hole in the spring go over the screw. It is a great clip and you can easily remove if you want to. No fileing was required.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Get a Motorola clip # NTN8266B. It slides in perfectly. There is a small hole in the retaining spring. Drill a hole that size and location in the case. Put a 4/40 x 1/4" screw thru the hole from inside the radio case, a nut on the back side of case to hold it in. Then slide the clip in place and let the hole in the spring go over the screw. It is a great clip and you can easily remove if you want to. No fileing was required.

Did you mean that small, triangular hole? Where did you drill the hole?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380745893857.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380745893857.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 462

Cruiseomatic

The cheap plastic clip on my 164 broke off one night so I bought a metal one from http://TheClip.com. Had to do a little engineering but its held on with 4 slothead bolts and it will NOT ever come off unless you want it off. Cheap prices, quick shipping. Not bad. Beats plastic.

W4BOZ

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everybody. Looks like I'll be giving the Motorola clips a try.

And yeah, $39.99 is ridiculous for a belt clip.

mikepdx

The belt clip for the PRO-97, and also the PSR-500,
is Radio Shack RSU part number 12418273.
You have to order it at your local store.

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
Krokus, just saw your post...sorry for delay. With the clip slipped in place scratch a mark through the triangular hole you pictured. Then drill a hole in the back of the case at the location of the scratch mark. That will be the hole for the 4/40 screw.

Status
Not open for further replies.