PSR800 mini usb not functional

Status
Not open for further replies.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
USB connection stopped working on my PSR800. I have checked this message...

http://forums.radioreference.com/gre-scanners/216488-mini-usb-connector-psr800.html

... I tried to take it apart and look into the problem and it went from intermittent to never works.

Unit still works fine with batteries, but I can't connect to computer or charge the batteries!

Whistler doing warranty repairs yet? Anyone working on these things - please IM me.

dkf435

If you could find a good tech around there and the traces are not ripped off the board it would probably be reflowing the solder and adding a bit.

David Kb7uns

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
If I had to guess, after opening it up, the socket is actually soldered to the board fine and the inner part of the socket is damaged.

Where can we send these to be fixed?

scosgt

USB connection stopped working on my PSR800. I have checked this message...

http://forums.radioreference.com/gre-scanners/216488-mini-usb-connector-psr800.html

... I tried to take it apart and look into the problem and it went from intermittent to never works.

Unit still works fine with batteries, but I can't connect to computer or charge the batteries!

Whistler doing warranty repairs yet? Anyone working on these things - please IM me.

At this point you really have no need to connect to the computer. There are no more firmware updates, and you can do everything with the card. Charging in the radio is a bad idea anyway.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
At this point you really have no need to connect to the computer. There are no more firmware updates, and you can do everything with the card. Charging in the radio is a bad idea anyway.

I entered everything from a certain zip code into the scanner on a recent trip and I don't know how to delete it without using the computer - can you tell me how to do that?

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
Take the SD card out of the scanner and use a card reader to transfer the data in and out of the card with the computer.

Swipesy

Not necessarily correct answer. What about those of us that actually power the radio via the USB port which is the way to go when used mobile based on how the radio eats batteries. IMO he needs to have a functioning USB port.

dkf435

If you go on ebay and search some you will probably find the same style of jack but you will need somebody that is good at soldering as you do not want to toast or lift traces. Must also be careful with amount of solder used so not to bridge the pins.

. Was in Goodwill the other day and found a mini USB right angle cord and it will be going into the Jeep for mobile use of the PSR800 to make sure this does not happen here.

David Kb7uns

IowaGuy1603

Not necessarily correct answer. What about those of us that actually power the radio via the USB port which is the way to go when used mobile based on how the radio eats batteries. IMO he needs to have a functioning USB port.

But the answer is TECHNICALLY correct..................power from a source other than battery is not NECESSARY

IowaGuy1603

I entered everything from a certain zip code into the scanner on a recent trip and I don't know how to delete it without using the computer - can you tell me how to do that?

Take the SD card out of the scanner..............and use the computer to make your changes

Save your changes back to the card and re-install it in the scanner

you might have to read the card into the EZScan program then make the changes you want----then save the changes back to the card

scosgt

I get six hours out of batteries. A spare set will do for an entire day of driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.