Whistler @ the CES 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookmaster

Just notice the whistler group will be at the CES 2014 at North hall booth # 3037 from January 7-10, I was wondering if anyone from the Radio Reference Community was planning on attending the show in a couple weeks, if so would someone kindly stop by booth 3037 and see if Whistler has any of their new or rebadged scanners out on display, if so can you take some pictures and get some intel about when they will be releasing their products, thanks!!!

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
UPMan will be there, maybe he can snag some pics for us. :D

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
LOL... wig, spectacles, pipe, scarf, hat... Fake British accent, and a partner he calls Dr.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Pics from CES 2014

Here's the Whistler rebranded scanners. Looks like they are moving slowly into the scanner market, simple rebranded PSR-410 and PSR-500/pro-106 black face look alike? The reps said they have two other higher end scanners they did not bring to show. Don't know why? Info from a friend I did not get to go to CES.

Last edited:

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Premium Subscriber
Seeing these pics brought the Christmas M&M's commercial to mind....."They do exist!!"

:D

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Here's the Whistler rebranded scanners. Looks like they are moving slowly into the scanner market, simple rebranded PSR-410 and PSR-500/pro-106 black face look alike? The reps said they have two other higher end scanners they did not bring to show. Don't know why? Info from a friend I did not get to go to CES.

Thanks for posting!

Nice to see they are continuing the 106/500 line..There will be many relieved owners!..
Im eager to see if they repack the 800..Hoping they do,maybe an 800 with a full keypad..

Only beef..That Amber backlighting...Ugg...No Blue,,Green?...

Last edited:

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Now that you mentioned it the amber backlight base unit is probably more like a PSR-400 with a new face? My 410 has the white display. I guess we will have to wait and see what's in the box when someone buys one? Only other difference from the photo I can tell is the f1 f2 f3 buttons are red. I'm wondering if Whistler is contacting Starsoft for programing?

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, like I said I only got the pics and limited info from a friend that went to CES today. I wish I could be more informational.

Status
Not open for further replies.