Whistler

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Emailed Whistler and they said the PSR800,900 clone scanners will have a better firmware for Phase 2 and also could in future firmware upgrades decode DMR and other systems.So I'd say pretty cool of them to be trying to be ahead of the game.They are always very nice and very fast to respond to emails.So I'll be patiently awaiting the second quarter of this year for Whistler to release their versions of these two great radios!

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Yep....me too. As much as I have liked the past Uniden models I'm holding out to see what the competition offers. I really don't have a need for a phase II TDMA scanner presently but the time is coming in a couple years for may area.

Swipesy

Emailed Whistler and they said the PSR800,900 clone scanners will have a better firmware for Phase 2 and also could in future firmware upgrades decode DMR and other systems.So I'd say pretty cool of them to be trying to be ahead of the game.They are always very nice and very fast to respond to emails.So I'll be patiently awaiting the second quarter of this year for Whistler to release their versions of these two great radios!

Probably means that Whistler will use the AMBE+2 Vocoder instead of older IMBE used in GRE 800. The AMBE is used in the Motorola XTS5000 and the new Unidens x36. Based on Uniden users comments on how the x36 decode this may or may not be the solution to simulcast distortion.

AC2OY

Gee swell...LOL I LOVE YOU TOO,!!

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Agreed!

Yes, I believe there are many GRE enthusiasts waiting on Whistler to step up to the plate & knock a home run. Other systems? Interesting. I wonder which ones they are considering? So, I will wait & see because I am not impressed with the things I've been reading about the other scanner company that makes Phase II radios. I prefer having V-folders. Thanks for sharing your news with us.

cherubim

Premium Subscriber

It's already the second quarter of this year and no new Whistler scanners are available for purchase. I hope they get their act together.

SCPD

QRT
Why don't we stop complaining about it, jeez it's the second week in April, we've still got another month and a half, how about you let them work on them longer so they're not half *** like Uniden, if it's gonna be able to do DMR or TRBO let them work the bugs out.

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
Why don't we stop complaining about it, jeez it's the second week in April, we've still got another month and a half, how about you let them work on them longer so they're not half *** like Uniden, if it's gonna be able to do DMR or TRBO let them work the bugs out.

I'm just stating a fact. Whistler should have released the WS-1040 and WS-1065 by now. I'm just tired of companies treating consumers like crap.

MarkWestin

Apparently no one who is reading this thread has checked out the Radio Shack Scanners threads lately. In a post at 10:28 yesterday morning, user "petrol88" started a thread named " RadioShack Models get FCC Grant". What this tells us is that Whistler has received type approval for four scanners as of April 7, 2014. FCC IDs: HSXSC01, HSXC02, HSXC03, and HSXC04. Progress is being made. I suspect that both the "Radio Shack" brand name and the Whistler equivalent model will have the same FCC Type Approval number.

Mark

I'm just stating a fact. Whistler should have released the WS-1040 and WS-1065 by now. I'm just tired of companies treating consumers like crap.

I guess at this point then you have 2 options. Suck it up, or get out of the hobby. Unless of course you have enough financial backing to start your own scanner company.

NHdave

Premium Subscriber

So because it wasn't released when YOU thought it should be they are treating you like crap? Perfectly logical...

SCPD

QRT
fcc

Its FCC type acceptance that makes it take so long,lord knows why,my GE kitchen stove puts out more stray RF than the scanner ever will.And thats got FCC approval.Anyone remember how long we waited for the ICOM 9100 to come out was it like 2 years?

jdobbs2001

Would be funny if they release a new scanner that does proper digital and will also do dmr and nxdn. Man would that shake up a hornets nest at uniden.

The lack of competition sucks right now.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
That would be something and maybe someday there will be a scanner that will do all that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bberns22

Whistler Has Submitted Radios For FCC Type Approval

Look at the details boys - 4 units submitted - and 2 capable of 800MHZ reception and the kicker is - manuals will not be available until Oct 2014. All are Radioshack branded.

Attachments

• 2.pdf
    413.4 KB · Views: 417
  • 3.pdf
    451.7 KB · Views: 340
  • 4.pdf
    450.1 KB · Views: 321
  • 1.pdf
    421.9 KB · Views: 335
  • whistler.jpg
    whistler.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 718