RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > GRE Scanners

GRE Scanners A forum for the discussion of all GRE branded scanning radios and receivers.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2014, 11:22 AM
morrisr3nd's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 158
Red face PSR 800 Software

Well, Now that the GRE support site is officially down, where are we suppose to get the software. I can't find my disk nor can I find any download on the web. Does anyone have any ideas?
__________________
Call on his name "JESUS" and he will answer you.

Ronnie
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2014, 1:28 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Gilcrest, CO
Posts: 362
Default

The main GRE site GRE America, Inc. is up and running. I would start there first.

GRE America, Inc. Support states, "Site is under Maintenance!!"

It appears this is only temporary as they update the site.

Shawn
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2014, 2:05 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 1,349
Default

Hmmm....who does maintenance on their web site in the middle of the day? Unless it's broken or down? I hope I'm wrong but it looks to me like Ronnie has it right.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2014, 5:45 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: bham, Bama
Posts: 2,052
Default as of now

Welcome to GRE America, Inc.
Me thiks Whistler has taken it over & perhaps "prepping it" for thier use ??
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2014, 6:31 PM
Fuzy_GSXR1000's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Belleville,New Jersey
Posts: 1,465
Default

Does is also mean the weekly updates are not happening either?
__________________
Michael KD2CUD
Kenwood TH-F6A
GRE PSR-800
Uniden 536HP
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2014, 6:48 PM
troymail's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Anne Arundel County, MD.
Posts: 3,701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzy_GSXR1000 View Post
Does is also mean the weekly updates are not happening either?
Guess we'll find out tomorrow
__________________
WS1080 | PSR800 x 2 | PSR500 | PRO96!
BCD536 | BCD436 | BCD396T | BC296D | BC245XLT | BC600XLT | BCIV | VX-8R
Not a Radio Shack fan.....
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2014, 9:06 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jones County Iowa
Posts: 932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzy_GSXR1000 View Post
Does is also mean the weekly updates are not happening either?
The updates are out of a totally separate computer....................DonS owns that system

He has stated several times on this forum that it will continue until the contract runs out
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2014, 7:51 AM
sibbley's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Posts: 241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisr3nd View Post
Well, Now that the GRE support site is officially down, where are we suppose to get the software. I can't find my disk nor can I find any download on the web. Does anyone have any ideas?
Did you ever find the software? I have a copy in my scanner folder. If you still need it, I could upload it to my website and provide a link for download.
__________________
Uniden: SC150, BCT15X, 346XT, 396XT, BC125AT, BCD436HP, BCD996XT AnyTone: AT-3318UV-A
RS: Pro-649 Regency: HX1500 Grecom: PSR-800 Kenwood: TK3312 BaoFeng: UV-82 Yaesu: FT-60R
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2014, 9:08 AM
DJ11DLN's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mudhole, IN
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibbley View Post
Did you ever find the software? I have a copy in my scanner folder. If you still need it, I could upload it to my website and provide a link for download.
I for one be thankful if you would, now that the main GRE site is apparently not going to offer it for the time being. I'm trying to buy a PSR-800 from a friend who no longer uses it. He never really got it working properly (and has since lost interest) and what's holding things up is that he can't find the disc...doesn't want to sell it incomplete. That's very considerate of him but I really want to nail this down before he changes his mind, and if I could find my own copy of EZ-SCAN, well...
__________________
Pro-18; Pro-197; Pro-2023; BC560xlt; Bearcat III
And some 2-way stuff
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2014, 9:13 AM
sibbley's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Posts: 241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ11DLN View Post
I for one be thankful if you would, now that the main GRE site is apparently not going to offer it for the time being. I'm trying to buy a PSR-800 from a friend who no longer uses it. He never really got it working properly (and has since lost interest) and what's holding things up is that he can't find the disc...doesn't want to sell it incomplete. That's very considerate of him but I really want to nail this down before he changes his mind, and if I could find my own copy of EZ-SCAN, well...

Ok, I'll get it uploaded and post the link after work today.
__________________
Uniden: SC150, BCT15X, 346XT, 396XT, BC125AT, BCD436HP, BCD996XT AnyTone: AT-3318UV-A
RS: Pro-649 Regency: HX1500 Grecom: PSR-800 Kenwood: TK3312 BaoFeng: UV-82 Yaesu: FT-60R
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2014, 3:09 PM
sibbley's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Posts: 241
Default

Here is the link to my copy of the EZScan software: http://www.lifenliberty.com/GRECOM.zip
__________________
Uniden: SC150, BCT15X, 346XT, 396XT, BC125AT, BCD436HP, BCD996XT AnyTone: AT-3318UV-A
RS: Pro-649 Regency: HX1500 Grecom: PSR-800 Kenwood: TK3312 BaoFeng: UV-82 Yaesu: FT-60R

Last edited by sibbley; 06-04-2014 at 3:10 PM.. Reason: Spelling change...
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2014, 12:26 AM
DJ11DLN's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mudhole, IN
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibbley View Post
Here is the link to my copy of the EZScan software: http://www.lifenliberty.com/GRECOM.zip
Many thanks!!!
__________________
Pro-18; Pro-197; Pro-2023; BC560xlt; Bearcat III
And some 2-way stuff
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2014, 8:18 PM
morrisr3nd's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 158
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibbley View Post
Here is the link to my copy of the EZScan software: http://www.lifenliberty.com/GRECOM.zip

Got it. I can finally get my 800 updated. I really do appreciate it.
__________________
Call on his name "JESUS" and he will answer you.

Ronnie
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2014, 9:54 AM
sibbley's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Posts: 241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisr3nd View Post
Got it. I can finally get my 800 updated. I really do appreciate it.
Glad to help. I'll leave it up for a while in case someone else that needs it stumbles on to this thread.
__________________
Uniden: SC150, BCT15X, 346XT, 396XT, BC125AT, BCD436HP, BCD996XT AnyTone: AT-3318UV-A
RS: Pro-649 Regency: HX1500 Grecom: PSR-800 Kenwood: TK3312 BaoFeng: UV-82 Yaesu: FT-60R
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 06-13-2014, 7:42 AM
whooey's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibbley View Post
Glad to help. I'll leave it up for a while in case someone else that needs it stumbles on to this thread.
I too thank you sir, this download is no where to be found on the net except for a few shady looking "download4free" sites.
__________________
Hey, is at least one scanner on right now???
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 06-13-2014, 8:39 AM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 1,349
Default

Gentlemen, may I make a suggestion? --- Backup your Backup ---
I have two copies of every program I consider important, one on an SD card and one on either a CD or a portable HD. Some few programs have Backups of the Backup of the Backup. I've gotten caught more than once with a flaky HD and no backups. Not gonna happen again!
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 06-13-2014, 11:14 AM
sibbley's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Posts: 241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackj View Post
Gentlemen, may I make a suggestion? --- Backup your Backup ---
I have two copies of every program I consider important, one on an SD card and one on either a CD or a portable HD. Some few programs have Backups of the Backup of the Backup. I've gotten caught more than once with a flaky HD and no backups. Not gonna happen again!
I can't agree more. I always make an image of every software disc. You just never know. I also keep all my radio software in my scanner folder of my flash drive.
__________________
Uniden: SC150, BCT15X, 346XT, 396XT, BC125AT, BCD436HP, BCD996XT AnyTone: AT-3318UV-A
RS: Pro-649 Regency: HX1500 Grecom: PSR-800 Kenwood: TK3312 BaoFeng: UV-82 Yaesu: FT-60R
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 06-13-2014, 1:24 PM
DJ11DLN's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mudhole, IN
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackj View Post
Gentlemen, may I make a suggestion? --- Backup your Backup ---
I have two copies of every program I consider important, one on an SD card and one on either a CD or a portable HD. Some few programs have Backups of the Backup of the Backup. I've gotten caught more than once with a flaky HD and no backups. Not gonna happen again!
Excellent suggestion and something I also do religiously. If I'd had a copy in the first place, it would have been on at least 3 drives around here, as my copy of iScan for my Pro-18 is. The copy so kindly posted for those without has been so backed up. External storage is cheap.

Unfortunately, for me, it won't do much good...my prospective seller found his disc at last, decided to give it one last try, finally figured out how to program his PSR-800, is now thoroughly hooked, and of course no longer wants to sell his scanner. Well, I'll keep looking...
__________________
Pro-18; Pro-197; Pro-2023; BC560xlt; Bearcat III
And some 2-way stuff
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2014, 2:40 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Franktown, CO
Posts: 3,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaGuy1603 View Post
The updates are out of a totally separate computer....................DonS owns that system

He has stated several times on this forum that it will continue until the contract runs out
Multiple systems involved... I own the PC (typing on it now) that sucks data down from RR, converts it to the format used by the GRE scanners, and FTPs it to the server accessed by the PSR-700/PSR-800 PC apps.

I do NOT own the server accessed by the PSR-700/PSR-800 PC apps. That was owned by GRE America. As of this writing (13:40 MDT 14 Jun 2014), that server is still available.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2014, 5:09 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jones County Iowa
Posts: 932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonS View Post
Multiple systems involved... I own the PC (typing on it now) that sucks data down from RR, converts it to the format used by the GRE scanners, and FTPs it to the server accessed by the PSR-700/PSR-800 PC apps.

I do NOT own the server accessed by the PSR-700/PSR-800 PC apps. That was owned by GRE America. As of this writing (13:40 MDT 14 Jun 2014), that server is still available.
I misunderstood your explanation before----------------any idea what is going to happen there?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions