GRE PSR800 and fleetnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hello. A good buddy of mine has given me an opportunity to use a GRE PSR800 scanner. I traded my HP1 (No extras) for it.

I wanted to wipe the slate clean and remove all his files on it and start fresh as he lives over 70 miles from me in the sprawl that is Greater Toronto.

I can figure out how to import in data from the scanners library, the Home Patrol was very similiar to this however I cannot figure out how to translate what I am reading in the manual to break down a multi-site province wide site such as Bell Fleetnet

Bell FleetNet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 1 Trunking System, Southwest Zone, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

I want to create a few scan lists for certain or some sites that are closed to each other.

For instance, I live near Charlton tower, site # 7.I would like to create a scanlist for the talkgroups that are logically able to work with this tower, I see that there is a way to pick and choose which talkgroups that you want pick but I do not see how using the scanner itself, to pick and choose a specific tower, or in other cases, a few towers.

I am also not exactly sure how to take the systems that I am getting from the library to put them into more than one scan list.

I live in Halton Region, I would like to take all the fire departments listed into one scanlist and dump the rest of what I choose into another scanlist. I am not exactly sure how to do this, the instructions are either hard to follow or I am just dumb. Seeing that I was pretty much a Uniden man until this year I probably am dumb.

Halton Region Trunking System, Halton Region, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

I am going to copy parts of the manual this afternoon at the library and figure this out, I am hoping that someone who is either from the area or is familiar with the scanner maybe could help me out to get started on thishttp://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7048.

For all my nastiness and occasional sarcasm on here in certain forums I am still very happy to help anyone out who needs help and I am very grateful for help from members here whom I have asked for it.

If you would prefer to contact me privaterly please Pm me.

Thank you

Eric

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
Hello. A good buddy of mine has given me an opportunity to use a GRE PSR800 scanner. I traded my HP1 (No extras) for it.

I wanted to wipe the slate clean and remove all his files on it and start fresh as he lives over 70 miles from me in the sprawl that is Greater Toronto.

I can figure out how to import in data from the scanners library, the Home Patrol was very similiar to this however I cannot figure out how to translate what I am reading in the manual to break down a multi-site province wide site such as Bell Fleetnet

Bell FleetNet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 1 Trunking System, Southwest Zone, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

I want to create a few scan lists for certain or some sites that are closed to each other.

For instance, I live near Charlton tower, site # 7.I would like to create a scanlist for the talkgroups that are logically able to work with this tower, I see that there is a way to pick and choose which talkgroups that you want pick but I do not see how using the scanner itself, to pick and choose a specific tower, or in other cases, a few towers.

I am also not exactly sure how to take the systems that I am getting from the library to put them into more than one scan list.

I live in Halton Region, I would like to take all the fire departments listed into one scanlist and dump the rest of what I choose into another scanlist. I am not exactly sure how to do this, the instructions are either hard to follow or I am just dumb. Seeing that I was pretty much a Uniden man until this year I probably am dumb.

Halton Region Trunking System, Halton Region, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

I am going to copy parts of the manual this afternoon at the library and figure this out, I am hoping that someone who is either from the area or is familiar with the scanner maybe could help me out to get started on thishttp://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7048.

For all my nastiness and occasional sarcasm on here in certain forums I am still very happy to help anyone out who needs help and I am very grateful for help from members here whom I have asked for it.

If you would prefer to contact me privaterly please Pm me.

Thank you

Eric
Much of this can be manipulated using the EZ scan software. I have sent you a PM

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I have tried to build two systems using the EZSCAN software but it is not loading to the scanner.

I am going to do it step by step here, perhaps I am doing something wrong;

I click on Library Import
Select Canada, select Ontario then click COUNTIES/CITIES.

I then click on my county, Halton then click on systems

I decide to click on "Bell FleetNet...
Then I click on sites. In this case I choose two nearby sites, tower 11 Cayuga and #23 Brantford, the rest are cleared.

Then I click "BACK" and I start to choose the specific talkgroups catagories, for instance, I click on "Brock Township Works and DESELECT them, I don't have a use for them and won't. I do the same with Correctional Services, Durham Region, etc but I do select the MOH Cambridge, OPP SW, a few OPP HSD, basically talkgroups I might expect to hear on the two towers.

I then click import Selected Channels, then after it indicates it has been done I unplug my scanners USB plug, turn it on and it shows "Nothing to Scan!"

I went to see if it's my USB cord so I powered down the scanner. Removed the batteries and turned on the scanner and it worked but still "Nothing to Scan!"

Guys: I am frustrated and fed up and don't know what I am doing wrong.

They show up in the Scan list info in the correct scan lists.

What the heck am I doing to screw this up, by now I am fed up and have to walk away from it for a bit.

I appreciate any help. Perhaps my USB cable isn't working, I dunno

scosgt

You have to send the data to the scanner/SD card. It sounds like you are forgetting that step.
What I always do is format the card in the software, and check all the boxes to copy everything after the format.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
From the EZ Scan menu, what do I click?

From File? Underneath Scanner/SD Card?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Under the "Scanner/SD Card" menu select "Copy Configuration to Scanner Memory/SD Card"

Thank you, I figured it out. I would have responded earlier however there was a city wide ISP failure last nite and the failure eventually reset my wireless router. I am in the process of fixing that but we have internet service here again.

I have one question.

I am a RID collector, I have well over 50,000 rids on various systems from my HomePatrol, the scanner I used to use before I traded it for this PSR800. I have collected and saved these RID's. I see that if I take these RID's to a spread sheet I can load them into the software and then load them into the scanner. I am not sure how or if when I see the RID's on the scanner if I can somehow load them manually in the software that way.

E

troymail

Silent Key
Thank you, I figured it out. I would have responded earlier however there was a city wide ISP failure last nite and the failure eventually reset my wireless router. I am in the process of fixing that but we have internet service here again.

I have one question.

I am a RID collector, I have well over 50,000 rids on various systems from my HomePatrol, the scanner I used to use before I traded it for this PSR800. I have collected and saved these RID's. I see that if I take these RID's to a spread sheet I can load them into the software and then load them into the scanner. I am not sure how or if when I see the RID's on the scanner if I can somehow load them manually in the software that way.

E

In EZ Scan, under the "Advanced" menu, enable "Show Trunked Radio Systems tab". In the tab, look halfway down for the Radio ID Details tab. You can load your IDs here. When the radio sees those IDs for that system, it will display them on the last line of the LCD. You need to enable this under the Advanced tab of the main screen (or through the radio).

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
It's been a long day in that our router F-dd up and I was limited in my Internet time today.

On the Ontario Provincial Fleetnet system there are two sub agencies there that are X-d out, CISO and OPP intelligence.

I won't say anything more but that I like to be able to have the talkgroups in these systems on my scanners, and let it go at that.

I was told to click on the advanced portion for advanced features.

There are then two tabs that allow for both ED and Moto ENC talkgroups to be loaded in. But each time I tried to I did not see it load in.

There was a pop up option that allowed to use encrypted talkgroups but then the software informed me that I did not pick any sites (towers) in this system when I did.

I don't get it.

I thank everyone for their help on this journey.

E

jamesa53

When you have selected the items for import there is a button at the bottom "Import Options", click on that then check the box "Import Unsupported and Encrypted Talkgroups"

Status
Not open for further replies.