WS-1080/PSR-800 scan list

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Please help. I have manually programed my new 1080, the programmed it using EZ scan, but with same problem
I have enabled scanlists 1, 2, and 3. The check boxes are checked, both in the scanner and on the software. List 1 is LAPD, list 2 is LASO, and list 3 is LA Cities.
Checked software and scanner, and all the channels (conventional) are listed in the appropriate lists.
But whenever I press Scan, only Scan list 1 loads up, and none of the other lists or channels on them are scanned. If I just check 2 or 3 or 2 and 3, If I only check 1, 1 loads fine, if I check 1, 2, and 3, only 1 loads.
Thought in might be a "default thing" but when set default to list 2 or 3, same thing, only list 1 loads.
Am I missing something basic here.
Please help.
Steve AA6IO

mikey60

Without seeing your configuration it's hard to say, but I would guess that when the items were imported, they were left in scanlist 1 in addition to the other scanlists. A channel in these scanners may be in multiple scanlists, and when active will show the first scanlist that it is a member of on the display.

Mike

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Without seeing your configuration it's hard to say, but I would guess that when the items were imported, they were left in scanlist 1 in addition to the other scanlists. A channel in these scanners may be in multiple scanlists, and when active will show the first scanlist that it is a member of on the display.

Mike

The above could be the problem. Make sure the frequencies are set to the list you want them in. When importing from the database, the frequencies and systems default to scan list 1. You will need to uncheck scan list 1 and check the appropriate list every time.

Do you have scan sets enabled? This could also be a problem. With scan sets enabled you need to make sure each scan list is also enabled under the appropriate scan set.

It's been a while since I did this. Go into the menu on the radio. Go to scan sets. Make sure the scanlists are checked.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Mike and Sibbley,
I figured out what happened but don't know why it happened. When I went to Scan Set 1, for some reason, it had Scan list 1, 24, 150-200 (or something) and Sky Warn. I had imported some stuff when first got scanner couple of days ago and must have done something.
Anyway, I started again with new configuration. This time it said for Scan Set 1 that the lists were 1-200. Then I tried 4 scan lists, and everything fine. When I had scan lists 1 to 4 before my post, only Scan list 1 was showing in Scan set 1, so only that was enabled even though I had checked all 4.
Now seems to working OK. Tonight I will try and load up some trunk sites. I agree with some that the EZ scan is a bit clunky compared to Sentinel, but perhaps, that is because I am not used to it. Actually when started to import some conventional sites from Library, it started to make sense.
I'm sure you have seen some of my comments about 1080 vs 436HP on other threads.
Thanks for your replies.
Steve AA6IO

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Mike and Sibbley,
I figured out what happened but don't know why it happened. When I went to Scan Set 1, for some reason, it had Scan list 1, 24, 150-200 (or something) and Sky Warn. I had imported some stuff when first got scanner couple of days ago and must have done something.
Steve AA6IO

Not sure, sounds like you may have originally done an import into the predefined scan lists. Anyhoo, it sure is a learning process with the 800 or the 1080.

Status
Not open for further replies.