PSR-800 and Philadelphia

Status
Not open for further replies.

ND3U

Montgomery County, PA Broadcastify stream
Feed Provider
New Hanover Township, Montgomery County, PA
I seem to be having trouble configuring my 800 for Philadelphia. I made the appropriate adjustments per the RR Philadelphia page and I only get noise. Could someone please send me the settings. Thanks in advance.
Brandon, ND3U

You may be too far out of Phila.
The cities TRS is configured in
a way that the towers radiation
patterns face the city.And it gets
harder to pick up as you travel
out of the city limits.
I used to have trouble recieving
when I would go out Baltimore
Pike to the west..The PPD would
get choppy and fade out fast.
If I remember right...

Can a MOD send this thread over to
the PA forum..Better for local eyes to
advise this fellow!

bailly2

your 35 miles or so from philadelphia? buy or build a yagi out of coat hangers for 850 mhz and get it as high as possible

phillydjdan

From that distance, you're going to need to put that antenna on a tower at least 50 feet high. I've yet to hear of anyone that far away picking up the Philly system...

ND3U

Montgomery County, PA Broadcastify stream
Feed Provider
New Hanover Township, Montgomery County, PA
I realize I won't be able to pick up Philly from this distance. All I need is the right settings for my 800 so when I am in the city I can listen in. The last time I was in the city I couldn't listen to anything. Who has working settings for Philly for an 800?

bailly2

the setting i have for my gre psr 800 on the philly system i got from clicking the library import tab at the bottom of the screen in the ez scan program.

you can start over to import it with the current settings by clicking the advanced menu at the top and selecting show trunked, click the trunked systems tab at the bottom and deleting the philly system, then click library import, (i found it by clicking systems).

when you say the philly system sounded like noise, did it sound like static or more like garbled voice? as you might know that system using simulcasting with lsm, so you'll probably need a yagi to get a signal from one of the towers and reduce the interference from the other towers transmitting on the same frequency at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.