Amplified speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Amplified Speaker

I use the "Sport Sync" radio from Scanner Master at home with the WS1080 when I want loud volume through the whole place. It has an "Aux" input I hook the WS1080 earphone into. It's very loud and clear. I don't know if it has a cig-lighter plug accessory where you could use it in the car though. I'm betting radio shack has a universal type that it could use but the radio's square and clunky. I now tend to stay away from any powered speaker and lighter plugs after frying a Pro92 years ago. I just use one earbud when driving or go with the speaker on the scanner as is.

savage308

i have a ridgid work radio from home depot, and i got a cable from a doller store and hooked up my psr,500 to the radio through the uax in jack works great outside on battery or hydro,

teufler

for home I use an old set of computer speakers that are ac powered. They are Cambride soundworks speakers. They havbe the correct plugs to plug into the scanners. Price was $10.00 for the set from a comptere recycling store. In the car, its a Motorola amplified spker that was for a motorcycle. At a stop sign, it can be turned up and everyone at a 4 way stop can listen. I believe the ws1080 is 500 ma output, low.

jackj

The 1080 as well as the 800 has an attenuator in the headphone circuit so that dumb people won't blow out their ear drums. Unfortunately the attenuator means that the scanner can't drive a speaker. Like teufler, I use an old set of computer speakers here at home and a home made amplified speaker in the car.

DJ11DLN

this is for my truck I drive

Universal FM Transmitter | tuneIN - Universal FM transmitter | by Scosche

If your truck has an FM stereo without an aux-in jack or bluetooth, this might work. I use it for my old beater and also in a truck I drive for a farmer in the fall...been doing that the last few days. Cost me about $12 at Walmart and RS-brand rechargeable AAA batteries last 8+ hours. Scanner is a Pro-18, which has the same earphone attenuator function as your 1080. I can get it plenty loud to hear clearly even in a pretty noisy environment (which the farm truck is in spades). Next project is finding a 5V-3V Buck converter I can tap into the USB cable and get the whole setup battery-free. ;)

Downside is, if you travel, you'll have to keep finding vacant FM frequencies it can cover and re-setting it.

Last edited:

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
Universal FM Transmitter | tuneIN - Universal FM transmitter | by Scosche

If your truck has an FM stereo without an aux-in jack or bluetooth, this might work. I use it for my old beater and also in a truck I drive for a farmer in the fall...been doing that the last few days. Cost me about $12 at Walmart and RS-brand rechargeable AAA batteries last 8+ hours. Scanner is a Pro-18, which has the same earphone attenuator function as your 1080. I can get it plenty loud to hear clearly even in a pretty noisy environment (which the farm truck is in spades). Next project is finding a 5V-3V Buck converter I can tap into the USB cable and get the whole setup battery-free. ;)

Downside is, if you travel, you'll have to keep finding vacant FM frequencies it can cover and re-setting it.

Another place one can find another FM Transmitter is;

AM FM Radios > FM Transmitters | C. Crane

I've had very good `luck' with the 2-3 I have and with the LCD display it is very easy to program what frequency one is transmitting on. We use them at home and in our vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.