Radio Id Display Options on PSR800 / WS1080

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Just wondering ..

I am borrowing a friends PSR800 and want to determine if you can display the Radio ID information as follows at the bottom row on the display ?

I wanted to just search here .. but for some reason the search is not working. Thus this thread.

I am getting: RadioId: 5005 (no alphatag info)

I would like something like this .. and I can always add the Radio Id info to the alphatag if needed. But mostly I just need to see that tag info cause the radio id number alone is not that useful.

So .. can I get this ? 5005 EMS Ambulance

I have yet to quite determine how many characters I am allowed but that is minor. I will deal with that once I am able to display what I want.

Thanks ..

Ed6698

Yes you can, I have mine set to show Alpha tag and TGID on 3rd line, 4th line shows System and Site name, 5th line shows VC/CC.

Last edited:

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Radio ID Display Options on PSR800/WS1080

Hit MENU* button scroll down to SETTINGS arrow to the right and then scroll down and un-check *Simple Display. Then keep scrolling and find Show VC/CC, Show TGID, Show SITE name and make your selections there. Hit menu when you're done and it will ask to save changes, hit SEL button. On the EZScan software there are scroll windows to set these too.

SCPD

QRT
Well .. tried.

I still only get .. Radio ID: 5005

Ok .. I get now the Tag, but no radio id. I guess I will keep playing with it til I get the right options.

Last edited:

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Simple display must be **unchecked to show an alternating Talk group number/Tag. Also the blink rate can be set in the "settings" area, you have to scroll down and find it. I have mine at 225 for #1 and 250 for #2. which is 2.25 seconds and 2.50 seconds.

SCPD

QRT
I have done this .. made my RadioId records like this .. much like the Unidens actually.

RadioId AlphaTag

5005 5005 EMS AMBULANCE

In this case .. I really only need to show the Tag. I don't want any alternating anything. Just the Alphatag to show on the bottom line.

But I did have to trim my tags a lot. I might see if I can alternate the RadioId / Tag depending how it goes .. as I think I will need that extra space for my tags as the approx 10 characters for my tag is really short. I think that the default 16 would be much better.

SCPD

QRT
Something is missing here ... first I do not want to see the TGID, but the RadioId and AlphaTag on the bottom line.

The instructions you gave are for the TG .. but you would think it would be the same but I cannot get the RadioID and AlphaTag to alternate .. in fact getting the tag to display is a real **********.

SCPD

QRT
It is now showing them both .. but I the difference is that I did not select the TG by pressing SEL ... but used the browser to get there, then pressed SEL. That made the difference. I just need to change my times for the blink and hope it holds.

SCPD

QRT
Ok .. this is really weird. Maybe someone can help me.

If I browse to the object and select it .. it works as I think it should (alternating).

But if I let it scan and press the SEL button to pause it, I do not get the Radio Id information to alternate .. ie Radio Id and AlphaTag alternating.

I only get the display of the RadioId as such ... RadioID: 5005

So .. is this how it should work ?

SCPD

QRT
I think that the main issue is that I am using a file that my friend made and there are many issues that are probably contributing.

I am going to make my own file and go from there. This thing is just too flaky .. and I do not think that it is the scanner but just how it is programmed right now.

So that will be my job in the next few days. I have a PSR500 and it is flawless. So I expect the PSR800 to be the same. I would think if there are issues they would be well documented and fixed.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Radio ID Display Options on PSR800/WS1080

I thought you were using a WS1080. Here's the manual link for the PSR800. I had my WS1080 set up AS a PSR800 for 2 weeks until Whistler finally put their EZScan download on their site. There are some different controls in settings* for PSR800 vs WS1080. So I guess when all else fails? read the instructions for both.

GRE America, Inc. - grecom scanner receiver, lcd modules, spread spectrum radio, wireless bridge, scanner antenna, scanner pre-amps.

Whistler Group - Product Catalog

SCPD

QRT
It's ok .. I will play with the software tomorrow but unless something like a miracle happens, I will not be buying a Whistler after all.

It would help if the Radio Reference search feature was working .. but it is not working at all for me.

troymail

Silent Key
I just confirmed this works (at least for my local Motorola system).

In the Advanced Features (tab 2) of EZ Scan, I've have set as "Radio ID (Alt)" and I get alternating Radio ID and the assigned alpha tag (up to 16 characters) in both Scan and SEL (HOLD) mode.

On the radio Settings menu, show Radio ID is enabled but "Tag only" is not.

In both Scan and Hold modes, the Radio ID and alpha tag appear alternating on the bottom line of the display when the talkgroup is active (it's blank otherwise).

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to do.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks .. and actually I totally reprogrammed the radio from scratch and it appears to be better. But I will review my settings with what you posted.

It is appreciated. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.