PSR-600 non-trunked P-25 Repeater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioWhiz

I have tried to program a new P-25 ham repeater into my scanner, with no luck. First, every time I change the scan list from 1 to 7, and save, it still shows scan list 7 empty. I would not expect the repeater to send out any control data, for there is only that repeater, so have used P25 Manual and set the NAC to 3966 and also tried WILDCARD. If I set the object to MOT VHF/UHF and use analyze, I hear the carrier, almost full quieting and the bar graph shows 4 bars. Setting it back to P25 Manual, it never unsquelches. HT works fine from here on P-25. Any ideas? John, K2CIB

W6KRU

First, every time I change the scan list from 1 to 7, and save, it still shows scan list 7 empty.

I am not sure what that means. Are you getting the repeater freq. changed to scanlist 7 or is it still in the default scanlist?

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
It sounds like you're programming it as a trunked radio system if you're saying P25 Manual. The P25 Auto/Manual/Wildcard are exclusively used for a trunked radio system that involves a control channel, talkgroups, and multiple voice frequencies. You need to program it as a CONV object and then switch the SQ Mode to P25 (or Search).

As for the scan list, you need to press ENT or SEL when you scroll to the scanlist you want to assign/un-assign to the scanlist. You will see an asterisk (*) next to the lists that it is assigned to. If you don't press either of the buttons, it will remain in the default scanlist (#1).

Swipesy

This is how a P-25 conventional frequency looks like when programmed into the PSR-500 with Win500 or PSREdit.

Cuy Val Nat Pk 168.500000 FM NAC 100 ScanList -----6----------------

RadioWhiz

I am not sure what that means. Are you getting the repeater freq. changed to scanlist 7 or is it still in the default scanlist?
The frequency still appears in the default (1) scanlist. I think that the different method of storing it in another reply will be the full answer. Thanks.

KB7MIB

You have to unselect the default scanlist in the same manner as you select the desired scanlist. Otherwise, the object will be stored in both scanlists if all you do is select the desired scanlist.
You can also change the default scanlist in the global settings.

RadioWhiz

It sounds like you're programming it as a trunked radio system if you're saying P25 Manual. The P25 Auto/Manual/Wildcard are exclusively used for a trunked radio system that involves a control channel, talkgroups, and multiple voice frequencies. You need to program it as a CONV object and then switch the SQ Mode to P25 (or Search).

As for the scan list, you need to press ENT or SEL when you scroll to the scanlist you want to assign/un-assign to the scanlist. You will see an asterisk (*) next to the lists that it is assigned to. If you don't press either of the buttons, it will remain in the default scanlist (#1).

Thank you all. Programming it as a conventional frequency and changing the squelch to P25 did the trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.