Case for Whistler 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFerg1919

Are there any other cases available for this radio other than the one Scanner Master sells? I would like a regular drop in type case, not the one with the flap and the snap that is sure to scratch up the case by the speaker. Also would prefer the belt clip was part of the case, not using the one on radio.

The case for Pro 106 lines up great on the front. The radio will fit with the belt clip removed, but is about a quarter inch too loose front to back and the USB port does not match up with the holes on side.

Any suggestions?

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
Yes it is kydex rivited to to a leather back. The clip is off of an old mil.spec cell phone case. I have been unable to source more of the clips unfortunately.
They kydex is molded by heating the sheet to around 300°-350° & molding it over the radio (protected by plastic wrap). Drill the rivit holes and the speaker clearance holes and then glue a piece of cloth inside to reduce scratches. Rivit the male half of the clip to the back piece and then rivit the the kydex to the back. Holes for the controls and USB port can also be cut into the kydex, if desired, but since I made it for a walking around case I was not concerned with those features.
I also made a double pouch , all leather one for carrying 2 radios at the same time (or 3 with both pouches).

Last edited:

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone

Both the PSR-310/500 and PSR-800 scanners would almost `rattle around like a BB in a boxcar' in that case. Plus PSR-310/500's displays wouldn't even begin to lineup with the side opening, though there's a bit, slightly, of a chance the PSR-800's display might peek through. Even though that's a decent price I don't think *I'd* spend even that on one. {Wan Grin!}

Status
Not open for further replies.