How To Manually Step Through Objects On The PSR-800

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

If you're scanning a scanlist of only conventional frequencies, how can you stop the scanning and make the scanner stay on one of the objects of your choosing? And, how can you manually step through all the objects and select an object to listen to in the scanlist?

SCPD

QRT
Press the SEL / Pause button ..

You can press the left arrow to get into the Browser .. and go thru your items with up and down arrows. Or else press menu and go to the Main Menu and browse objects that way.

CanesFan95

Well, that's the difficulty. There's no 'manual' button like we used to have on old scanners that made it easy to just stop it and manually stay put on just one frequency.

If I press SEL and then the left arrow, you can scroll through objects, but I don't beleive the scanner actually receives anything while you're scrolling. The scanner only displays the frequency (the object) but does not actually let you hear the audio.

SCPD

QRT
You need to locate the object desired ... using the above methods. I think you have that part .. and just press SEL again to be on that object.

CanesFan95

Okay, thanks for the help. So I guess we have to press SEL again to actually hear the audio. I guess there's no way to make it receive the audio while you're browsing which I think is a shame.

SCPD

QRT
Okay, thanks for the help. So I guess we have to press SEL again to actually hear the audio. I guess there's no way to make it receive the audio while you're browsing which I think is a shame.

I can understand your way of thinking .. but I think that the idea is that it is a browse .. to find the item you actually want, then select it, without bothering what you are listening to.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
how to manually step through objects on the PSR-800

As the others said MENU/Browse objects/find the one you want in whatever scan-list/press SEL/The scanner will then monitor that Object* in real time. It's the same on the WS1080

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.