Receive issue with Psr-600

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC8FAS

I have both a Psr- 600 and Pro-2096 both programmed the same way sitting next to each other. The 600 does not pick up all digital transmissions like the 2096. The 600 looks to be on a freq and talkgroup and the blue light flashes I have programmed, the talk group and freq blinks like it cant decode it.All updates are done to both scanners. Does anyone have any suggestions.

castlecain

I have a 600 also. When this happens, I press F2, then F3 (analyz) and watch the percentage (quality)
of the received data. usually, the percentage is low. 600's have a hot receiver, and will monitor control
channels even when the signal level is low, and still show two or three bars on the S-meter.
Check that when it happens.
Also, I never judge receiver performance when two scanners are next to each other. There are all kinds
of RF issues that can occur between the two, to desensitize one or the other.

castlecain

Also, I might mention that the 600 does not need a custom table if monitoring vhf or uhf trunked systems.
It figures it out for itself. Since you mentioned you have a 2096, I thought I would add that.
you might have assumed the 600 needs a custom table. When I first got mine, I struggled to add a custom table for the Virginia State Police VHF system believing it was like the 2096...it is not.

castlecain

To further explain my above post. Set the scanner to P25 Auto, and the scanner figures out
the custom table. Also, check this page:
PSR-600 - The RadioReference Wiki
for explanations of all features, and even links to educate you on how to set everything that allows
a custom setting, on this scanner...very informative.

DJ11DLN

Also, I never judge receiver performance when two scanners are next to each other. There are all kinds
of RF issues that can occur between the two, to desensitize one or the other.

+1. If I set my 651 next to my 197, both will go deaf on some TGs (not the same ones!) and still show 5 bars on all the CCs. Even across the room this happens sometimes.

stihl

my psr 600 suddenly stopped receiving anything took it to local radio shack and had it reprogrammed and still nothing any ideas as to who I might send to for repair

KC8FAS

lots of times the psr 600 missed the first couple seconds of the transmission and the pro 2096 never does that. I had the same problem with these scanners at another location so I dont think its rfi.

N8IAA

lots of times the psr 600 missed the first couple seconds of the transmission and the pro 2096 never does that. I had the same problem with these scanners at another location so I dont think its rfi.

Do you have any of the priorities set?
Larry

ecps92

Certain Bands or everything.
Have you tried the NWS 162 Band ??

What are you attempting to listen to, that makes you think it's not working.

My 600, long ago went DEAF on 700/800/900, but as I use if for VHF/UHF only, not worth the repair.

my psr 600 suddenly stopped receiving anything took it to local radio shack and had it reprogrammed and still nothing any ideas as to who I might send to for repair

Status
Not open for further replies.