WS1080 Firmware 2.6 available 3/3/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Just checked my EZScan updates and found 2.6 is available for the WS1080 :)

AND UPDATE for the EZscan application too. 2.03 Includes:
Version 2.03 - March 3, 2015
Updated default battery indicator values to match new CPU firmware.
Corrected an issue when attempting to copy custom table values to all sites on P25 systems.
Added button on P25 system custom tables in insert the default Ch-Lo, Ch-Hi, and Offset values. Photo example of new feature:

Last edited by a moderator:

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Sure thing. But I don't know what the firmware update does? I checked the notes for the EZScan program update and read those, but didn't see while updating firmware what 2.6 does. I checked the site and didn't see anything. I know last one (2.5) fixed that EDACS problem that DonS found.

TES

Sure thing. But I don't know what the firmware update does? I checked the notes for the EZScan program update and read those, but didn't see while updating firmware what 2.6 does. I checked the site and didn't see anything. I know last one (2.5) fixed that EDACS problem that DonS found.

Actually Don didn't find the problem—member edmscan did. Don Starr wrote code to "fix" the issue.

SCPD

QRT
Don't want to correct anyone, just to keep the record straight .. but actually my close friend (and RR member) VE6RHS initially found the Edacs problem, and contacted me for my thoughts ... and through our testing over a period of time we confirmed that there was indeed a problem. Whistler was contacted as a result once we had proof.

And .. Don Starr fixed both the Whistler and GRE models as Don Starr is "the guy". As a community we owe Don a lot .. as he was under no obligation to fix the PSR800.

Ed6698

Thanks for clarifying that edmscan,

I was just going by the original post you made about the bug, it sounded like you found it and Whistler engineers were working on it, then DonS took care of the 800. Either way thanks for getting the ball rolling on it and DonS getting it fixed.

SCPD

QRT
So the new 1080 firmware .. does it do anything to improve any P25 performance ? I have always just used AutoFill and it seems to work fine. But I will admit that I am P25 stupid as we have almost no P25 here.

I do not have a 1080 but I am interested in the 1095 when it comes out.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
WS1080 Firmware 2.6 available

I checked the release notes off the EZScan update tab and here's what the 2.6 firmware did
Version 2.6 - March 3, 2015
Changed algorithm used for battery level icon.
New default voltages for NiMH icon thresholds.

rwier

Don't want to correct anyone, just to keep the record straight .. but actually my close friend (and RR member) VE6RHS initially found the Edacs problem, and contacted me for my thoughts ... and through our testing over a period of time we confirmed that there was indeed a problem. Whistler was contacted as a result once we had proof.

And .. Don Starr fixed both the Whistler and GRE models as Don Starr is "the guy". As a community we owe Don a lot .. as he was under no obligation to fix the PSR800.

I ditto "Ed6698" WITHOUT permission. "Either way thanks for getting the ball rolling on it and DonS getting it fixed."

SCPD

QRT
Awesome finally a fix for the fast draining of the batteries. Getting great battery life now. Much more enjoyable to use 1080 now was about to give up and sale radio

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Awesome finally a fix for the fast draining of the batteries. Getting great battery life now. Much more enjoyable to use 1080 now was about to give up and sale radio

I'm seeing better battery life too. I'm about to sell my 436HP and hang on to the WS1080.

SCPD

QRT
I like my 436 for searching channels and getting new unknown talk groups. I get 12 hours from the batteries that came with it. Just needed to upgrade the antenna to bring the 436 and 1080 to life antenna that comes with radios made them deaf

baayers

24 hours after installing the new firmware I completely agree with the other posters about the improved battery life. Also previously engaging the backlight would sometimes give me incorrect battery indicator information requiring me to reboot the scanner to restore correct info.. This issue also appears to have been resolved.

MichaelBhere

24 hours after installing the new firmware I completely agree with the other posters about the improved battery life. Also previously engaging the backlight would sometimes give me incorrect battery indicator information requiring me to reboot the scanner to restore correct info.. This issue also appears to have been resolved.

After updating to 2.6 you should edit your NiMH battery table in the app to the following.

New

14 bars 4.90
12 bars 4.80
10 bars 4.70
8 bars 4.60
6 bars 4.50
4 bars 4.40
2 bars 4.30
0 bars 4.20
Alert 4.18

TAbirdman

If you update EZScan you will not need to update the voltage table. its already done.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
WS1080 Firmware 2.6 Available 3/3/15

He's right TABirdman. I updated the Firmware several days ago on the 3rd and saved my form to my default V-scanner setting then uploaded it all to the scanner. I assumed the battery values changed on the form too. After seeing Micheal Bhere's post I checked my form on EZScan. The NiMh battery values on my EZScan form had NOT changed. I knew the Scanner had the update though, so instead of typing any changes in I then just clicked "Copy configuration form scanner SDcard" on the EZScan menu so everything on my scanner was copied to the form. Sure enough the values DID change to what he has listed. For some reason the battery values didn't change even though I saved the update on my form. Of course the Alkaline values won't change as the 2.6 update was for NiMH only. Thanks for both your comments, the form would have been wrong. :0)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.